Rentals in Richmond>Question Details

Emily, Renter in Lansdowne, PA

My son (7yrs) and I are looking to moving to downtown richmond. Any ideas of a safer/fun area?

Asked by Emily, Lansdowne, PA Mon Jan 23, 2012

I currently live in the West End. It is nice and safe...but there is nothing to do around this area without driving 15 minutes. I am looking for a good neighborhood for my son and I to call home. We are probably looking to rent. I can't afford more then $1200 prefer $1000. I am looking for a 2 bedroom minumum, 1 or 2 bath.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Richmond

Answers

4
There are frequently smaller houses for rent in the near westend close to Carytown, Libbie and Grove etc. . Let me know if you would like a list. Or you can go to RVARentalHomes.com and see all of the homes for rent in the Central Virginia MLS.
Wythe Shockley
Joyner Fine Properties
Emily:

I am making an assumption here, but if your son is in public school, I would focus on the neighborhoods with the best public elementary schools. There are several excellent schools in the City of Richmond, their scores and other data will be on the City of Richmond website. You should be able to find something safe and within your budget in a nice area of the City. Good luck!

Melissa Loughridge Savenko
RE/MAX Commonwealth
509-511 N. Meadow
Richmond, Virginia 23220
C: (804) 986-3993
E-mail: melissasavenko@gmail.com
You might want to consider Westover Hills or Stratford Hills or Southampton/Bon Air...great affordable neighborhoods with proximity to the James River and 5-10 minutes to downtown.
You stated you will probably rent but not for sure. If you want to buy, I could help you. Please let me know if you are buying or renting. Thanks