Rentals in South Pasadena>Question Details

Mjp, Renter in South Pasadena, CA

My son is going to LA Music Academy and I wondered what rent was in that area for a one or two bedroom apartment ? Fair Oaks just south of Colorado B

Asked by Mjp, South Pasadena, CA Wed Jan 25, 2012

Julieanne Gee’s answer
Hi there,

Sheron is correct. Rent for a one or two bedroom varies, but a realistic starting point is around $1,500. For a nicer place with upgrades, probably closer to $2,000. It's a great area for a student to live as it's central to shopping, freeways, libraries, parks, and is an area filled with students. If you're interested in getting some help in your search give me a call, I'm a Realtor who focuses on this area. In fact I live just down the street from Fair Oaks and Colorado so I know it well! 949-981-6675
I use to live in South Pasadena before moving to Seattle then New York. Although when I lived there rents were quite reasonable to live in such a great nice safe area. You can get a nice two bedroom apartment now for 1,500 to 2,000 a month or less. The great thing about this area is that you can also look for a nice California bungalow. Some of the 1 bedroom bungalow are very roomy have dens that may suit you at a lower price.