Rentals in Las Vegas>Question Details

Lisastuhley,  in Las Vegas, NV

My partner and I will be relocating to Las Vegas due to a job offer and are hoping to find a long term rental by the end of December. We are new to

Asked by Lisastuhley, Las Vegas, NV Sat Oct 12, 2013

the area and would like suggestions of good, safe areas to live. We are looking for at least 3 BR, 2 BA with a yard for dog and gardening. Close to parks a plus. I will be working on the Strip, so a 15 minute commute, give or take, is preferred. Would love a quiet neighborhood as a place to retreat to. Prefer to spend no more than $1100, less is better. Any suggestions would be great!

Answers

11
Myra Gouger’s answer
Try to make a trip here in November before you move. Your qualifications for a home are easy to find. The homes, though, rent rather rapidly so it isn't too wise to start your search prior to 30 days before moving. Many neighborhoods would meet your criteria. Most neighborhoods are 15 minutes from the Strip as this town isn't very large nor very difficult to get around.
Welcome to Vegas. You should be be able to locate a long term rental with your parameters. I have provided crime mapping websites that can help assist in your search to determine what area may work best for your family. There are also several dog parks that your dog could enjoy if your chosen home does not have a yard, but desert landscape.

http://www.doggoes.com/parks/nevada/las-vegas

Below are crime mapping websites for Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Henderson.

http://www.crimemapping.com/map/nv/lasvegas
http://crimeview.cityofnorthlasvegas.com/
http://maps.cityofhenderson.com/public/police/crimesearch.html

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
I have a 4 bedroom for $995 with a large yard for pets but it is about 20 to 25 minutes to the strip.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
We've lived here since 1976...please call and I'll be glad to answer ALL your questions about areas,etc. We manage over 400 homes and have some very nice ones in the areas 15 min. from the Strip. Please email or call. Matt and Kim - LasVegasMatt@gmail.com - 702.501.0973
Agents are unable to give information like safe areas to live you need to check that one on your own other wise we are steering which we can loss our licenses over. There are so many areas to live in Vegas, as I'm a former Vagenite, and lived in a few areas of Vegas.

It is a totally different way of life there, as each community has its own world with every thing included. Hard to explain till you experience it... each small area has its own parks, markets, gas stations, schools, shopping and so on, so your never far from anything you need and most places are open 24/365 as Vegas never sleeps.
I'd say the best thing to do is go for a few days and check out the areas and just drive around till you find and area you love as they are all so different!! If you want to stay close to work and short commute from the strip, old or new...? you really need to check the areas yourself! The traffic is crazy and heavy so being close to work would be best... Hope you don't take this the wrong way, just lived there for along time, and so did my family coming from California and want you give it to you straight from a former resident of Vegas.

Hope all goes well and good luck!!
Hey Lisa, just so you know, you need to take advantage of the lovely agents who have responded here and are happy to help you find a rental! You will find that experienced (old!) agents just don't have time to deal with rentals. They are too busy with the clientele of buyers and sellers they have built up over the years, and showing rentals is mostly a courtesy since they barely cover the cost of gas.

But showing rentals is wonderful experience for agents that are just starting their careers. (I started out that way myself and of course later on many of those people ended up buying property from me.)

You are too early to actually look at properties now - mid December would be the perfect time to move in by the end of December. (Landlords don't like to hold a property more than two weeks if possible.) But hook up now with one of these agents now and by the time you are ready to view rentals, you will have a great idea of where you want to be when the time comes.
Dear Lisa,

Have you considered Centennial Hills in the Northwest Section of Las Vegas? I have a blog MovetoCentennialHills.com which details the great amenities offered in the community. We have many neighborhoods that are pet friendly with yards and even dog parks.

The commute to the strip is about 20 minutes. There are properties great for gardening and a blossoming community of gardeners as well as a farmers market at Tule Springs Park. We have Gilcrease Orchard with pick your own produce and Cowboy Trails farms in the area too.

Rental ranges from $800 to $1400 a month depending on what your preferences are in a property up in this area.

Please feel free to give me a call or check out my website: MovetoCentennialHills.com for more information. I live up here and absolutely love it!

Christine Kramar
Keller Williams Real Estate
(702) 900-8866
Hi Lisa, and welcome to Vegas!

As agents we are not allowed to "profile" different areas of town. All we can do is provide you with the Las Vegas crime statistics web site so you can draw your own conclusions.

It's pretty cool once you get used to how it works. To start, simply enter a property address at the top to search. When that specific property's area map opens, you can adjust the criteria by using the tabs above the map for crime types, dates, etc. The date will only go back for the past six months, but if you use the same criteria consistently it will give you a great idea of how much relative crime there is within a certain radius of a given address.

I like to search by zip codes myself. You can plug in the address as "89102, Las Vegas, NV" and pull up everything within a mile radius.

There are lots of master planned communities in the Valley, in both Las Vegas and Henderson, and typically they have parks and walking trails for the residents to enjoy. You didn't say where you were working on the Strip, but you should be able to get Google map driving directions from your job address to determine which neighborhoods would work best for you.

Hope this helps!

Diann Tonnesen
Prudential Americana Group Realtors
sold@GreatLasVegasHomes.com
702-985-7654

The Tonnesen Team - with over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Hi LIsa, you can contact me directly below and I'd be glad to assist you to find a rental property for you. From what time you're looking about to move to LV? Provide me your email address and I'll provide you those rental listings that are currently available on market based on your criterias!

DENNY HEBIBOVICH - REALTOR
REALTY ONE GROUP, INC.
8395 W SUNSET RD
LAS VEGAS, NV 89113

CELL: 702-241-6110
EMAIL: Denny@PropertiesofLasVegas.com
WEB: http://www.PropertiesofLasVegas.com
WEB: http://awp208099.las.mlxchange.com
Hi Lisa, I would like to help you find a great rental for your move in December. What I would like to do to get started is to have you either call or email your full criteria. Most owners will not hold a home for longer than 2-3 weeks so at this point I would like to take your criteria and do a search of all possible matches for you. This will basically allow you to window shop and I will also send you a map so you can become familiar with different communities. This will make it a lot easier to actually select a home to rent when it gets closer to your move in date because by then you will likely have settled into having an area preference. I will also be able to guide you through the entire application process of whatever home you settle with. Feel free to call/email me with any questions so I can help you get started.

Laura Bauer
Foundation Realty, LLC
702-370-1072 Direct
lauri365@aol.com

http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Real_Estate_Pro-Las_Veg…