Rentals in Denver>Question Details

Celeste Lee…, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

My mother, fiancee, and my 3 month old daughter is trying to find a nice affordable two bedroom, that does not credit check!

Asked by Celeste Lee Huffman, Denver, CO Tue Aug 26, 2014

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Denver

Answers

1
Hi Celeste,

I noticed that you never got your question answered, so I wanted to chime in and see if I could provide some helpful info.

Every landlord is going to check credit, regardless of whether you're renting from a large property management company, or an individual property owner. However, it is much easier to work out something with individual landlords.

Since credit/background checks are an important factor in determining a tenant's ability to pay rent, it is one of the biggest things that landlords look at. I would recommend telling the landlord up front about negative items in the credit report, and asking them if anything can be worked out.

Some examples include:

1) Paying a few month's rent up front
2) Providing references from previous landlords
3) Getting someone to co-sign on the lease

These are just a few examples, but each of these give some extra security to the landlord to show them that the tenant is serious and isn't going to skip out on rent payments!

Hope that helps!