Rentals in Philadelphia>Question Details

Tomeka Harris, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

My landlord let his house go in foreclosure and Ionly have a couple of weeks to move my monthly income for a family of two is $1000.00 any help

Asked by Tomeka Harris, Philadelphia, PA Wed Aug 14, 2013

Answers

4
Z’s answer
Hi don't panic you can not be put out ride the foreclosure out sometimes you can remain rent free when the house is turned over to be sold to a realtor ask for CASH FOR KEYS google it that is when you agree to move by a set time for a set amount sometimes you can get the expense of moving paid for ie moving truck,deposit, first month rent etc. THE BOTTOM LINE IS IT IS BETTER TO SALE A HOUSE WITHOUT A TENANT IN IT that is why the bank will pay you to leave. A lot of people do not know about cash for keys but it has been around for several years. I know from personal experience I was going through the same situation years ago so I did some research and got a check for 2,000 to leave I set my departure date I did not let them tell me the time remember this is like any business transactions you must negotiate for the best outcome for your family I suggest you communicate with them via email that way you have a paper trail. When you look for new places to rent look on your local clerk of courts site to make sure the property is not in foreclosure before you decide to rent from any landlord all so check to see if they are current on there property taxes. GOD BLESS YOU
I have a huge two bedroom apartment for rent $770. If you're interested give me a call at 215-906-6164.
Thanks Mary
Hi Tomeka, as an agent that works closely with foreclosing banks I can tell you first hand that you have more rights than you may be aware of. I'd like to give you some advice that will definetly help you in this scenario but will need for you to call or email me.

Chris Nelson
RE/MAX SERVICES
National REO Broker Association (NRBA) Member
REOMAC Member
REOBroker.com Member
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Platinum Equator & RES.NETCertified
794 Penllyn Pike, Ste. 120
Blue Bell, Pa 19422
215.641.2500 Main
215.641.2542 Fax
484.576.7430 Cell**
Call Turn at 215-940-3900 and then call me in my office 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
215-725-5700 X49
267-934-1971
PhilCunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com