Rentals in Littleton>Question Details

Sara.elliott…, Renter in 80504

My husband has been transferred to CO from TX.

Asked by Sara.elliott78, 80504 Tue Sep 4, 2012

We are hoping to join him within the next month, but we are having a hard time finding a decent place that will accept small dogs (we have 1 mini poodle) AND that feeds to good schools that won't cost an arm and a leg! Our credit isn't that great, but we did rent a home here in TX for the last 9 years with no problems until the end--our landlord was upset because we had to leave on short notice-and her renter next door also moved out at the same time and I think it kinda left her stuck out with two rentals vacant. Is there any advice anyone can give us on where to look, what to look for and how to tell what schools go where? We're hoping to stay in the Lakewood/Littleton area.

Answers

7
Robert McGuire’s answer
Sara,

I work with relocation buyers that want to rent first and take the time to check out different communities before purchasing. Renting a home or apartment for a year is an option but time consuming and expensive. You might want to consider a nice full service rental that business people rent for a few months without a long term commitment while they are doing a temporary job in the city and then going back to there home out of state. One of these for example is The Breakers in SE Denver.They are pet friendly as well. We stayed there for six months after we sold our home and were waiting for our new home to be built a few years ago. There should be similar opportunities in the Lakewood/Littleton area.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
We're open to anything at this point. We are seriously considering staying in a motel... :/
If you have any questions about schools or other stuff let me know my kids are in the littleton/lakewood area and I grew up in LIttleton so I am super familiar with most of it
Flag Mon Nov 12, 2012
If you like a friend of mine works for an apartment locator and they will work for you for free would you like their info? I know how stressful it is to move and to move from another state is a whole other story. In terms of your credit as long as you don't owe another apartment complex or have an eviction on your credit...you shouldn't have a hard time finding a place.
Flag Mon Nov 12, 2012
Are you open to renting an apartment or are you wanting to rent a house?
Congratulations on your decision to move to Colorado. Yes, there are rentals here in the Lakewood/Littleton area that accept small dogs and cats. You won't have a problem finding one. With the 1st time buyer market in a feeding frenzy right now, you should at least start working with a lender to improve your credit score so you can buy. You should probaby go FHA as their ratios are very fair to 1st time buyers. I've lived in Littleton since 1990 and am very familiar with available rentals as well as starter/move-up housing.

For a great lender, call Kevin Green of American Liberty Mortgage at 303-458-3778. He can get the ball rolling and has much experience with 1st time buyers/FHA loans.

You can reach me at 303-932-7653, Sara. It would be very nice to visit with you.

Good luck on your relocation.

Bud Herzog; "budherzog@msn.com"

http://www.homestampede.com

I would love to visit with you and share my knowledge of the area and answer your questions. FYI we have lived and worked in the Littleton / Lakewood are for almost 20 years.

Loren Bimler
720-837-0831
teambimler@live.com
The rental market in Denver is very competitive right now. Our vacancy rates are low and good rentals are scooped up in a hurry. Do your research on school districts and then narrow down the areas that you search in. Best places to find rentals are craiglist and rent.com. Most real estate agents are not going to be much help since we deal in buying and selling homes. Finding good management companies and asking them is always a option. Good luck! If you find one you like be ready to sign a contract, they are going fast. Welcome to Denver.

http://www.greatschools.org/colorado/denver/
Hi Sara,
I'm Tracy....TracysellsDenver.com. I would like to chat in more detail with you. Please contact me @ Tracy@tracysellsdenver.com.
Tracy