Rentals in Surprise>Question Details

mtruman610, Home Owner in Surprise, AZ

My husband and I would like to rent a FURNISHED home in Surprise. We are thinking about buying, but would like to live there for a month to see how we

Asked by mtruman610, Surprise, AZ Fri Feb 8, 2013

feel about the area. Any help with this?

This question was asked from this property:…

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Surprise

Ryan Buckley The Premier Group’s answer
I would be more than happy to help you, contact me if your interested.

Ryan Buckley Realtor®
Turning your Dream into an Address
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
twitter @rcoldwellbanker
Dear M:

Good idea to check an area you are unfamiliar with first.

There are furnished rentals for one month to winter visitors. You will pay more than the monthly rate for a 1 year rental with winter rates. A furnished rental in the summer for one month will be less.

Surprise is in the Luke Air Force base flight zone, so you will want to consider that. Ask your Realtor to show you the runway map in relation to the home you are considering.

Ask your Realtor to show you all of the seasonal rentals available in a list. They are furnished.

Jeff Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart Realty
My wife and I were in the same position as you last year. We knew we wanted to move to "the Valley" but was uncertain where to live. We sold our house in Washington State and put our furniture in storage for a couple of months so that we could spend some quality time in the Surprise area before deciding what to do.
We moved into the Residence Inn (on Bullard Avenue) in Surprise. They had long-term rates that priced less than our mortgage in Washington. This is the newest hotel property in Surprise and is VERY nice. The staff is great and fast became friends. Additionally, the hotel provided excellent breakfasts and served light diners three nights a week. The room had a small kitchen so cooking was not a problem.
IF you are planning to do this during Baseball's Spring Training, the better rates may not be available. This property is the home of the Royals and Rangers during that period.

(We also considered several extended stay hotel a bit outside of the Surprise area. The priices however were higher that the Residence Inn and offered fewer amenities and did not include breakfast or diners.)

While there we looked at a ton of houses. Once of the houses we looked at was listed by a real estate agent who also was an agent for another property at Sun City Grande. He contacted us to determine if we had an interest in renting the furnished house on a daily basis. The rent he was charging was well over what we were paying at the Residence Inn.
We eventually bought a home in Arizona Traditions in Surprise...and we love.
Hope this helps...Dennis
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 9, 2013
Check out our furnished, utilities included, home in surprise, 15276 W. Laurel Lane
My furnished home is ready to be rented. I live in Los Angeles county.
The Jordan Team, Agent, Arizona If you are not familiar with an area it is a great idea to rent a home for a period of time to make sure that it's what you want before you "jump" in.

There are a couple great website that offer furnished rental home:

Our team specializes in the Phoenix west valley with a focus on Active Adult Communities. We work with people to match their life style with the right community. If we can be of any help please contact us
The company I work with has a number of homes for rent, both furnished and unfurnished. I could help you find a rental and then once you are here in the area I can show you around to the different neighborhoods. Each neigbor is quite unique so it's best to see them so you can determine the right fit for you before you purchase. Any other questioons please feel free to contact me at or by calling 602-663-7667
I have a contact in surprise she's not a realtor but does work with private owners that have homes in Sun City grand, Sun City West and Sun City please email me happy more happy to give you her contact information. my email is
I have searched the MLS and I don't see that there are any furnished rentals listed in Surprise. The home that inquired on here is showing as sold. Here is a list of homes listed as active on the MLS for sale:…
be careful about rentals that sound too good to be true - work with a local agent!
Hi my name is Rosemary with RE/MAX Preferred Choice I have two vacation furnished rental available in April 1 2013 a three bedroom $2,700 and a two bedroom for $2,400 you can call me at 623 340-3409 credit check $25.00 I can also help you find a nice home when you are ready to buy I know you will love living in Surprise.
thank you
The only homes that I pulled up in Surprise that are furnished and will rent on a month to month basis were in adult communities and range in price from $2,200 - $3,000 per month. There were two others that are furnished, but are also in adult communities and want a 3 month minimum. I would need to speak with you in more detail to help you. It is a great idea if you have the time and money for storage to spend a little time in an area that you don't know to make sure where you really want to be. This is a big investment and you should check out your options. Please feel free to contact me if you would like my help in finding what you need.

-- Lisa Miller
This is my 10th year in Real Estate and I am a full time REALTOR®.
I live and specialize in Surprise AZ real estate. If you look top recommended agents in 85388, 85379 and 85374 you will find I am THE specialist in this area. Please feel free to contact me anytime!
Web Reference: