Rentals in 27519>Question Details

Twinmompluso…, Home Buyer in 27519

My husband and I will be relocating with our family in August. When is the best time to start looking for house rentals in Cary/Apex?

Asked by Twinmomplusone, 27519 Thu Mar 8, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 27519

Answers

13
You may want to look at properties to buy now vs. rent. It's probably cheaper with the current interest rates and house prices. Take a few trips to the area before you move and view different communities. You will be able to see what neighborhoods really appeal to you. Then have your agent set up a search for the ones you like best and buy!

The rental market is really tight and expensive right now. Better to purchase when the market is so affordable. According to recent research, there has never been a time in our recorded past where your % of home payment to total income is so low! Take advantage of it! I will be glad to show you the great houses in the Cary area for sale! Let me know when you are coming and we'll check it out!
Web Reference: http://RDUhomes4U.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 12, 2012
You might check the offerings starting anytime, to get an idea of what the market has to offer, and the availability of rentals in an area you want to live in.

And be looking seriously and diligently at least about 60 days out from the move.
Desirable rentals go fast, and better to be early than late, I think.

Look at CraigsList, but be VERY careful as there are abundant scams there. But there are also many legitimate rentals.

You mention Cary and Apex. Here is a search from MLS with Cary, Apex, and Morrisville rentals currently available:
http://www.nohasslepropertysearch.idxco.com/idx/4328/results…

You can modify the search to suit yourself and never need to register to use the search. If you want email alerts for properties, you will need to give an email address.
.
.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 8, 2012
The townhouse we live in Cary now is available in August. It's in a very good school district. Please contact me at jennytzeng@yahoo.com if you are interested. Thanks.
Because there are so many transplants moving here the rental market is VERY TIGHT in our area. If you visit and plan to return the same rentals may not be available. So, I recommend that you come for an overview and find the locations you like to start and then come back to make your decision.
It can be very overwhelming to choose a realtor! Also, keep in mind that the agents offering some of the rental properties specialize in rental, not residential. A residential agent can show you rentals as well as a rental agent.

As Mike said below, some agents will not show rental properties because it pays very little and it's quite time consuming. I will show you rentals and help you with a search in the future to purchase. Most rentals usually become a purchase after they have seen the area and know where they want to live.

Let me know if you would like for me to set up a rental search for you. When you come into town, we can narrow down your possibilities at that time. Rentals in Cary/Apex move very quickly so it's best to choose the homes you want to view right before you get here, but in the meantime you can see what's out there.
You sound just the kind of realtor I am looking for. My email is mistybleue@yahoo.com. Target move date is Feb 2014. We currently reside in Norfolk. Thank you, Stacy and Derrick Jackson
Flag Wed Nov 27, 2013
You can use one agent to view homes that are listed on MLS.
We make appointments with the listing agents or property managers so you don't have to chase them all separately.

You will find some agents who will not work with rentals, because it is time consuming and pays very little.
But many of us are glad to work with rentals, for the fact you mention: You will turn into a buyer at some point, and the agent will hope to be your buyer's agent.
.
.
.
Thank you all for your replies. My husband and I will be relocating to NC at the beginning of August from Texas with are three girls. We have no pets. We were looking for a Townhouse or House (we really need a yard). Schools do not matter at this point. We are looking to buy in the next year, but we don't have much time to look and we don't want to just settle on a home, so we wanted to look for a couple months and get to know the area better. My husband will be working at NC state, so we want to stay in the Cary/Apex area. We will be traveling to NC in May to look for a place to live. It is overwhelming to choose a Realtor. With several rentals being offered from several different realtors, do I have to make appointments with multiple realtors to view houses. Thank you again for your time!
Homes come on and off the market fairly quickly. Any realtor with MLS access can establish a "gateway" for you and forward properties to you that meet your criteria. You might as well start looking at them now, to gauge your likes and dislikes by previewing the pictures and property profiles.

Note that Realtors are generally compensated between $50 to $200 for procuring a tenant for a rental listing. Peanuts, comparatively speaking. Therefor, align yourself carefully with a Realtor who will be able to provide you with the level of service that you require.

Our team handles general brokerage, as well as operating a property management division. As part of our services, we will pull your credit report (generally saving you the application fee charged by the listing company), show you houses, and negotiate on your behalf. In addition, Coldwell Banker Advantage has a Concierge Department designed to assist you with everything from selecting a mover, to changing over utilities, to providing you with a team of qualified and proven business partner vendors, should you have any repair needs, once in your rental home.

It is good that you are preparing this far in advance. Interview Realtors selectively and choose one that you are comfortable with. Feel free to give us a call. My cell is on 24/7 for your convenience!
The rental market is very strong and rentals go quickly...You will either need to look now for a home comning vacant in that time frame or come to town in August and see what is vacant at that time. If you are starting now I would contact the property management companies and ask them for their projected vacancies/ expected new clients that would meet your needs.
around 60 days ... a 60-day advanced notice from the tenants is very common in this area. If you start too early, any available vacant home won't be able to wait for you. Before then, we can set up an auto email alert for you so you can watch the rental market.

Glad to help!

Jean
A couple of months before your move would give you sufficient time to find a property.
Many times homes go on the market for lease 30 days prior to their availability to occupy. I would suggest 3-4 weeks to when you'll need the home. Homes come on the market daily. Do you have pets, if so that may narrow what might be available for you to lease. Working with an agent can help you see what is on the market that will meet your budget and needs in a home. I would be happy to set up a personal web site search for you in our MLS system. Merry Ann Cutler/REMAX United, 919-661-9271
Web Reference: http://www.MerryAnn.com
From my experience, you really need to start in May. We see a turnover in the summer due to schools letting out. By August, rentals in this area will probably be limited. Keep in mind, this is one of the most requested areas. Also, visit the http://www.wcpss.net website. Our schools have changed and local folks have already registerd for school next year. We have traditional and year round schools in addition to many other options.
Web Reference: http://www.carlafreund.com