Rentals in Wilmington>Question Details

dessiechappin, Renter in Wilmington, DE

My husband and I will be moving to Delaware by the end of year but need some help with rental options or rent to own options, suggestions?

Asked by dessiechappin, Wilmington, DE Mon Aug 20, 2012

We would like somewhere with parking for two cars and close to transportation and Philly. Must be at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Quiet community and no busy streets!

Answers

8
Dessiechappin,

My wife and I actually rent our 2 bed 2 bath condo on the riverfront in Wilmington. The area is wonderful with many fun and easy things to do. If you would like more information, please email me at wclewis90@gmail.com. The place has great amenities including a covered garage and concierge.

Wilmington as a whole is functional small city with small town feel. It's the perfect fit for anyone who likes living in the city but finds large cities overwhelming.

Thanks and good luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 30, 2012
Have you considered the Delaware first time home buyers program? Depending on the property and your specific circumstances, qualified first time home buyers could own for almost the same up-front costs as renting. You could qualify for the program, even if you have owned before, but not in the last 3 years. You can get a tax break on mortgage interest, but not on a rent payment receipt! contact me at 302-753-6398 for more details.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 10, 2012
Did you make the move to Delaware? If so how did everything work out.

If you are still looking I am aware of one in particular that states "Lease purchase possible" 4 bedrooms 2.1 baths located just off I-95.

Feel free to contact me at mkeough@psre.com

Good luck and happy holidays!!!
Delaware is just a really small town, transportation will probably not be a problem for you if you live in New Castle County. I would take a Saturday afternoon and drive through a few of the local developments to see what interest you might have or visit a local real estate broker as myself that can get you a few rental property options.

Peter
So glad you're moving to New Castle County! Rentals can be hard to find these days
but the sooner you start looking the better. Pike Creek-Newark area gives you both
country-like setting and close to Rt. 1 and 95.
Call me any time! 302-521-1774
We have several townhouses and homes in the Pike Creek and Newark Area available for rentals, please give us a call. Peter Meyer, 302-218-2790 or 302-994-9600 Meyer & Meyer Realty
My husband Jim and I have access to rentals and rent to own homes. Please feel free to call us directly at 302-762-8486 or office 302-477-3900. Email is Claire@thepratzners.com. Looking forward to hearing from you. Claire from ReMax Associates
We would be happy to assist you in finding a rental property in Delaware. You can contact me directly at (302)299-3810 or theruckleteam@aol.com. We are Realtors with Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors.