Rentals in Fountain Square>Question Details

Foreverdevot…, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

My husband and I are wanting to rent in the fountain square area. How soon should we start looking if we want to move in April?

Asked by Foreverdevoted2god, Indianapolis, IN Tue Jan 29, 2013

Answers

3
The Coffey Team’s answer
AGREED, ALWAYS START SOONER THAN LATER. THE GOOD ONES GO FAST. THERE WILL BE AN APPLICATION PROCESS THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO FILL OUT AND BE APPROVED. THAT CAN TAKE UP TO TWO WEEKS. FOUNTAIN SQUARE IS BECOMING A SOUGHT AFTER AREA. BE CAREFUL OF CRAIGSLIST SCAMS FOR RENTALS. DRIVING THE AREA IS ALWAYS GOOD TOO. SIGNS FROM OWNERS IN THE YARDS MANY TIMES. ASK A REALTOR TO SEND YOU WHAT IS AVAILABLE ON THE MLS SYSTEM AS WELL. BEST OF LUCK.
This is a good question. Most don't realize, with residential rental properties the management companies and/or landlords are looking for the most qualified tenant and within the shortest vacancy period as possible. That said, you would want to start looking no more than 6 weeks out. Some listings will have a date of occupancy that's much later (which would offer you a larger window of time to secure a property).

Have you located a home or are you still in the market for a rental? If so, feel free to contact me. I would be more than happy to assist you with your search.

Respectfully,

Mallorie Wilson
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
malloriewilson.com
317-590-3434 direct
I would start looking now if I were you. There are several reasons why, but one of the main reasons is that it could take you a while to find the right place. Fountain Square is a desired area and with the spring time and warmer weather comes people wanting to move. Get a jump on things and start to investigate what is out there and available in your price range. You could also try to speak with prospective landlords about homes or apartments that will be coming available in the next month or two. Home hunting can take some time, so don't box yourself in by waiting too long to start looking. In many cases a security deposit should be able to reserve the property (assuming you qualify with the landlord's requirements).

To get the best idea of what is available, you can contact a realtor, but also let your friends who live in the area know and check the local newspapers and publications. Signs in the yard are always another good way to spot a place for rent! (LOL!) By networking and using all your resources you should have a successful home search. I wish you good luck.