Rentals in 80909>Question Details

Lanni44, Home Buyer in Colorado Springs, CO

My husband and I are loosing our home of 9yrs.It has been a bad 2yrs.both loosing good jobs.We have 2 dogs and having a hard time finding a place.

Asked by Lanni44, Colorado Springs, CO Tue Apr 2, 2013

We both are working and will not have any bills but house expenses.We are looking for a house,,600 a month does not matter how big or small in southwest area. Can you help?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 80909

Answers

2
Greetings

I'm afraid that I have to correct my colleague from Denver below in that the Pikes Peak Multiple Listing Service (MLS) DOES LIST Many Properties for Rent. In fact there are 436 currently available rental listings in the Colorado Springs & Pikes Peak Region and there are 49 Available Listings in the Southwest area you are looking in. Unfortunately there are only 4 listings for $600 a month or less. If you would like to contact me with your e-mail address (Privately...do not post your e-mail openly on the internet) I will be happy to respond with the properties that are currently available to you.

I would recommend that you may also want to try looking on Rentals.com as some private owners without property managers and even some property managers use that site to advertise their rental properties even if they don't post it on the MLS.
If you're in the Military the Military Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN) is of great use for military renters.

I would also advise you to be EXTREMELY careful about looking for rentals on Craigslist as there have been numerous fraudulent listings and scams that have cost many unsuspecting folks money over the years. Never put any money down until you have been INSIDE the property you are looking to rent with the person responsible for it and verified they are in fact either the owner or person authorized to manage it.

I hope this was of help.

Best Regards
Brian L. A. Wess
Realtor®, Broker Owner
CRS, CDPE, GRI, ABR, ASR, CSR, CNS, SFR, e-PRO
Military Relocation, Residential & Investment Specialist
Infinite Horizons Realty - Metro Brokers
Colorado Springs, CO
Direct: 719-528-6672
Web: BrianWess.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Sorry to hear you have had a bad couple of years.

I am assuming that you are looking to rent. There isn't a rental MLS system, so I recommend looking on Craigslist at least 2 times a day, also Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads, rent.com. Get some good references ready to present and be ready to make a decision if you see one you like.

good luck
Thank You,,,,,
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013