Rentals in Ocean City>Question Details

thezebs, Renter in Ocean City, NJ

My husband and I are looking for a rental as we are displaced from our condo. The timeframe for returning to our condo is 6-12 months.

Asked by thezebs, Ocean City, NJ Mon Dec 31, 2012

Answers

3
Joanne Bernardini’s answer
Ocean City does not have a huge supply of year round rentals as most owners chose to take advantage of the lucrative weekly rentals of the summer months and then either do a winter rental or use the property for themselves in the "shoulder " seasons of the Spring and Fall. Those that were available and not damaged are predominately already rented in the $1,000 to $1200 range. Many by folks in the same situation as you are in. The time frame you offer as a target to rent would take you into the summer rental season. If I might make a suggestion, you should consider going further inland. You might have a better chance in Northfield, Linwood, Somers Point or egg Harbor Twp. Keep in mind most landlords shy away for short term leases and will only rent for a full year unless you have a specific agreement otherwise. Also, with the amount of damage done in our area, contractors are stretched to their limit and your unit may not be finished by that time. I suggest you go for the full 12 months to be on the safe side and not put yourself in the position to have to move again.
We have a 2 BR rancher available for immediate rental on Cape Island, Cape May - 20 minutes by Parkway to Ocean City. Inquiries email joanbrown222@yahoo.com
As I'm sure you know, condos are limited for long-term rentals. Can you give me more details of what you need; bedrooms, baths and what you can afford? this will help me to seek out what is available. I dont know how important it is for you to be in OC but the FEMA.gov website does have long-term housing locations in the surrounding towns.

Kevin G Redmond
Realtor in OC
kgredmond@comcast.net
Happy New Year Kevin thank you for responding. I realize leaving OC to rent is probably the way we will have to go. I work at OCHS. I would prefer to stay in Cape May County, but would move to Somers Point. We are waiting to hear from FEMA for our continued assistance. They were willing to pay $1500. On our own no more than $1000 if possible. 2 bdrm 1 bath
Flag Tue Jan 1, 2013