Rentals in Diamond Bar>Question Details

kristel_6, Renter in Diamond Bar, CA

My husband and I are Caucasian. We have a high credit score;solid steady employment etc... It seems the Asian listing agents do not want

Asked by kristel_6, Diamond Bar, CA Sat Jul 28, 2012

to rent to us. We have been looking for months... Is this the way it is here in Diamond Bar and Walnut?

Answers

7
Kenny Tan’s answer
The law actually prohibits housing discrimination based on race. If you know of specific instances, you might want to have an attorney look at the situation and decide if filing a complaint with the Department Of Fair Housing And Employment is warranted. Let me know if I can help.
The awful truth is... Yes you are correct. There are certain areas where it is known and quite evident that Asian listing agents and property managers want to keep the majority of its residence Asian.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 13, 2013
I know Diamond Bar is actually a pretty diverse community. Kim Young was my agent in for a home sale in CA. He's the best person and agent I've met in a long time.

Kim Young Coldwell Banker 626-688-4185
of coarse because his paycheck depends on your relationship. where as in this womans situation these agants have other options and people of Asian decent to choose from....and they do often!
Flag Thu Mar 19, 2015
Not at all! Just get an agressive professional realtor and let her work for you to chase those listing agents and let her make sure you are in your dream home.
Guddi Shah
I hope this is not true!!!

This should not happen to anyone in this day and age! MY LORD!!!!!

Try getting an aggressive agent on your side. One who will call agents out who behave in ways that are not only unethical but DOWN right illegal!!!

Maybe you may want to try Orange County. Maybe Brea or Yorba Linda which are close to Diamond Bar and have great schools!!!

Best of Luck to YOu!!!
Kawain Payne, Realtor
what kind of property are you looking for? good credit, stable income look good to me at least. Let me know if anything i can do to help. my e-mail is Brokerivy@gamil.com. my cell phone is 626-226-8816. i work with Re/Max realty 100 in Diamond bar. thanks!
Sorry, but I doubt you will get any of the Realtors to talk about a subject like this. If you are talking about listing agents that are Realtors, then go to the office Broker and discuss your issues with them. They run the office.
I agree,we are Hispanic and have been looking to rent in OC. Haven't had any luck even though we meet the requirements. Most of the agents have been Asians.
Flag Sun Sep 21, 2014