Rentals in San Diego>Question Details

Jenn Sundt-R…, Renter in San Diego, CA

My husband and I and our 2 dogs are looking for a home to rent in Mira Mesa, clairemont. We do not want to spend more than $1650 and a yard is a must

Asked by Jenn Sundt-Rodrigues, San Diego, CA Sat Apr 20, 2013

Answers

4
Craigslist is the very best place to start (and driving the area you want to live and calling for rent signs). Almost every landlord trying to rent their property will post it on Craigslist.com.
You need FBS. Rentals are what we do. Rentals are all we do. Rentals are who we are in San Diego for more than 4 decades. We currently operate rental properties in 69 zip codes throughout the region. We have become the best center for resources essential to renters by choice as well as independent rental owners. We bring industry Best Practices to both. I appreciate the nearly 10,000 Trulia visitors that keep up with my profile as well as the 50,000 that follow Neil Fjellestad's blog. However, my perspective is only one thing that makes FBS the industry leader it is. Our unsurpassed team, our systematic approach to leasing & rendering service to our renters, our daily incorporating technologies that others are just talking about are all reasons for our leadership. But our leadership only matters when it matters to you. First, visit our website http://www.fbs-pm.com then contact our North County Office. 858-487-4004. Start by spelling what you need and if there is an available rental home on our site that you have interest in. You will be talking to people that know the neighborhoods you're searching. Let me know how you make out. Neil
Hello Jenn,

You may wish to work with a property management company or a REALTOR, as they can provide a ton of assistance in what can sometimes be a frustrating and trying experience. Not to be a total downer, but there are plenty of rental scams out there, so be very diligent and if something looks like a rat, smells like a rat, and tastes like a rat, it probably is a rat.

If that didn't scare you altogether, you may wish to look at the following sites for possible rentals: Trulia, Craigslist, Backpage, SignonSanDiego, San Diego Union Tribune.

If you opt to work with a REALTOR, they have access to other rentals through the MLS system. If you have an agent doing the right things for you, they will reach out to their vast sphere and try to track down a rental as well (perhaps one not currently on the market.)

One other tip could be to drive around the area that you would like to rent in. Often times, there will be for rent signs that otherwise you would not know are available.

I hope this helps and best of luck in your search. The good news is that while home prices are up over 14.1 over the past year, rental rates are only up .1%. There are various reasons for this, but I will not get into that here.

Chad Basinger, REALTOR®, CPA, CFP®
858-997-3704
chad@chadbasinger.com
Web Reference: http://www.chadbasinger.com
for sure i can send you homes for rent in that area if you like and if you need any help please let me know
We are semi-ok with talmadge, and also like tierrasanta. Thanks again!!
Flag Sat Apr 20, 2013
Mira, Mesa, clairemont, Scripps, Kensington, these are all areas we like :)
Flag Sat Apr 20, 2013
That would be great, thank you!! We want 2 bedrooms and a yard :)
Flag Sat Apr 20, 2013