Rentals in Austin>Question Details

diane, Other/Just Looking in Austin, TX

My husband & I are considering moving to Austin, TX. We want to rent first to learn the area. We have 4 chihuahuas, want a pool. Where do we?

Asked by diane, Austin, TX Fri Mar 8, 2013

start?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Answers

17
Below is a link with hundreds of properties for sale in Austin, plus a lot of information about the State and Realtors working in Austin who can help you find the perfect home that you are looking for.

All the best.
You can start by going to my website where you have full access to all properties - http://www.justlistedinaustintx.com. This site will provide you with details on the areas, requirements for each rental, if they take pets and how many. If you click on the Market Insider tab it will allow to you see all details of subdivisions or the areas you find homes.

If you have a place of work or school that you will be driving to each day you will want to figure out the drive time, what features do you want within the area you want to live (grocery, gyms, dining, etc), and last but not least your budget.

Feel free to contact me at anytime to find out more details. You can also save favorites as well as setting up a search file that will ping you everytime something comes on the market in the area you like..

Have a great weekend
Cheryl Fowlkes
Keller Williams
512-749-8509
cafowlkes@kw.com
Call me and I can help you with budget, financing, areas and options such as pools, schools, etc.

Joe Casey
Goldwasser Real Estate
512-800-1316
jcasey@gretx.com
Good morning, depending on your price range for a property with a pool, I have 2 properties in mind for you in the north Austin area. 1 of these is currently on the market and the other 1 is not on the market yet. I do know that the owner will want to put this property on the market in the middle of this month (next week). Please find my contact information below so I can better assist you. Thanks.

Jan Gerace
Austin Realtor ®
Ace Properties

Direct: 512-903-2982
Fax: 512-331-7877
Email: jgerace@acemyproperties.com
Website: http://www.acemyproperties.com
"What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
The pool will be your biggest challenge and we will need luck on our side!

You can start searching for homes here.
http://Www.shawnmon.com/home-buyers

Explore your price ranges and then we can connect to refine the search. And i can ask some more initial questions
Thank you for your comment. The pool we can work around (community pool nearby) but getting rid of some of our chis is non-negotiable.
Flag Fri Mar 8, 2013
Morning Diane:

There are two ways to start: 1) contact one of us that has answered you directly and ask them to set you up on a search; or 2) go to this link and take a look around and see what you can find that suits your preferences http://marshaross.actris.mlxchange.com/

The link will take you to a site that you can set up the search as you wish without being locked in to potentially using a particular realtor you know nothing about. Yes, it takes you to my site, but it is free to anyone that needs the services it offers. You can then see what is available as of today on the multi-listing services (MLS). Most other sites including this one may not be up to date and may have really old information that will send you chasing non-existent possibilities.

When you find the homes that meet your preferences, feel free to ask about the neighborhood, location, etc. and I will give you more details than you could ever imagine.

I can tell you from years of experience helping people lease homes that the homes that are listed by property managers will be less acceptable of the 4 dogs, no matter what the size, they also have very strict rules on credit, employment, etc. If you were to find a home listed by a realtor that is simply representing the landlord, you are usually dealing only with the landlord's preferences and your realtor may have the opportunity to talk with the landlord's realtor and supply information that would indicate that the dogs have not done damage to a previous lease property, etc. and be able to convince them to allow the dogs. In either event, ask the realtor you decide to work with to ask about the dogs up front, before you go view the home, to ensure you are not seeing homes that will not allow your pets.

Also, most of the properties will only be held for move in 30-45 days from the date of the application to lease and acceptance of you and your husband as tenants. The good homes for lease go really fast, so when you locate homes you wish to see and your move in date is within this range, you want to be fully prepared, i.e. know the information that will be requested for submission, have the certified funds for the application and most probably the deposit, etc. This way you are fully prepared when you find the home you want/need.

99% of my lease clients have also purchased a home from me when they were ready to do so. The other 1% are still trying to obtain the ability to purchase a home. I will help to the best of my abilities in an up front and honest manner - you can ask my previous clients, most of which are also now my friends.

Marsha
512.797.3903
Hi Diane, my wife and I do what is called our LIVE Austin Virtual Information Tour, which is the most technologically advanced way for you and your family to get up to speed on the layout of Austin, school districts, neighborhoods and communities, property tax rates (lowest to highest), architectural and building styles, and so much more. Austin is too large of an area for you to try and figure out on your own and you certainly don't want to come here and waste time driving around discovering places you don't like when you could have known about them in advance. All of our clients relocating from out of state say that the virtual tour helped save them up to 70-80% of their time in finding the best community and place to live for them. If you're interested, just let us know. Have a wonderful day!

Michael and Stacy Spickes
Austin's Real Estate and Relocation Specialists
512-699-0400
Hi Diane,

First off congratulations on choosing Austin TX as your next city to live in.
It is I believe the best place in the USA right now!

The pets aren't really a problem for many landlords as long as you pay a deposit.
How close would you like to be to downtown?
What are some other requirements that you have besides a pool, 3 bed and a garage?

Feel free to call, or email and we can set you up on a personalized search.

Warm regards,

Lara Pavanelli
Vox Real Estate
larapavanelli.realtor@gmail.com
512-909-5807
With your criteria, there are only 2 properties available at the moment. If you would consider a house with a nice community pool, your options would definitely increase.
Diane,
I think what your asking for might work for $2,000 a month but the pool might not work in that price range. Is that a deal breaker.

Email me at AustinHomeSells@gmail.com
Brenda
Thank you all for you comments. Yeah, I know the 4 chis would be a challenge for many landlords. If you add them all up, though, together they barely weigh 20 pounds. :-) I'm not sure WHAT to expect to pay and where to look. We do want to buy at some point, but want to first rent. So we want a nice place, but don't want to throw a ton away on rent since we're going to buy. I'll just throw a number out - $2,000/mo - and please tell me if that is reasonable.

We work from home so we can live anywhere there is good high speed Internet. We want a pool. We want some Austin coolness factor. We want a single family residence with some yard space for the dogs. We're okay with paying more pet deposit. Oh, also 3+ bedrooms and a garage. Do I have too many wants?
Hi Diane,
I can help you find an area. I was born and raised in Austin and would love to help you!
Give me some more information: will you be working from home and if not what part of town, what is your time frame, etc.

Call me and we can talk more about it.

Brenda Sours, REALTOR
512-914-6118
Hi Diane,

You simply can email me at Dan@JBGoodwin.com and tell me your price range and if there is a specific area of Austin you want to be. I will email you back everything that is available for rent from your criteria. You can also call me at 512-588-3260. I handle all apartments and private properties for lease and for sale in Austin and surrounding areas.

Have a great day!

Dan Burstain, Realtor
JB Goodwin Realtors
512-588-3260
Dan@JBGoodwin.com
Hello Diane,

I think its great that you and your husband are considering moving to the best city in the country! I would definitely suggest to start by working with the Realtor. If you have not yet chosen a realtor to work with, I would be more than happy to assist you. Please feel free to contact me either by email text or phone so we can further discuss it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sal Zuniga
Goldwasser Real Estate
512-698-4800
Szuniga@gretx.com
Sal.AustinHouseReport.com
Hi Diane,

First would be to locate your future work locations.
Second is to determine your rental price limit.

And then go from there.
Call or email when you need additional questions answered.

Bill Friedrich
512-517-2961
http://www.paigeandbryan.com/a-spotlight-on-windsor-park/

Windsor Park is a great up-and-coming area! Or we can discuss your needs and proximity to work, etc. Let me know!

Bryan Treat
512-653-3348
Good afternoon Diane,
You have started by being upfront with your pet expectations.
There are many landlords that will not take more than 2 pets. There are many neighborhoods that will not allow you to have more than two pets. This being said, I work hard to find the right neighborhood for you and your pets.
Contact me and we will discuss more of your needs.
David