Rentals in New York>Question Details

Emran Riaz, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

My girlfriend has a student visa from Japan. She has no credit score or tax returns. Does she have any options for renting an apartment in NYC?

Asked by Emran Riaz, Queens, NY Wed Jul 17, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in New York

Answers

5
Paying up front anywhere from 6 months to one year is usually the best option. Or using a guarantor who will be responsible. As you may know, the guarantor will typically need to show annual income of 80 times the monthly rent. And there may be additional security.
As for Insurent, its a great program but only accepted by certain landlords, most of which are larger higher end buildings.
If she wants to live on the west side in the low 100s, I know a couple of landlords who are more than happy to accept her if she pays the year up front. Give me a call at 646-201-9395
I currently have two students, and they have the same issue as your girlfriend now options to consider is paying the whole year up front, you co-signing for your girlfriend, or insurent.com but she has to qualify for the program and once you are accepted there could be a chance the landlord still won't accept that regardless. Its a nightmare, you got to see what option is good for you based on your situation.
She could get a guarantor through insurent.

http://www.insurent.com/

Please contact me if you have any questions or if she needs any help finding a place.

Sarah
Thanks Sarah! I`ll check out the site and contact you.
Flag Wed Jul 17, 2013
As a student, should could stay at a residence hall. I am marketing 101 Ludlow, floorrs 9-12, and you can go to my website http://www.ludlowdorms.com for more info.

Steve Leon
Citihabitats
917 363 5630
Thanks but she is looking for an actual apartment.
Flag Wed Jul 17, 2013
She would also be able to pay a few months in advance.
A few months? I apologize, but that is just not consistent with what my experience has shown me.
Flag Fri Jul 19, 2013