Rentals in Anaheim>Question Details

Nutflush98, Renter in Anaheim, CA

My girlfriend and I are first time renters. Her credit is good mine is bad. Question is can we get a place? We make combined 75k a year and have

Asked by Nutflush98, Anaheim, CA Fri Feb 1, 2013

money to pay double the rent for deposit. We just want to get our life started. Any help from anyone?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Anaheim

Hello Nuttflush98,

With income of 75K I sure hate to see you renting for too long. With today's record low rates, you may be surprised to find out you can buy vs rent.

When you say BAD credit,how bad are you talking? I would consult a mortgage consultant, try one at the bank or credit union whre you do your banking. They can evaulate whether or not you can buy now. They can even give you some pointers on how to get youself in a position to buy in the near future if at present your scores prevent you from securing a mortgage loan.

Best of Luck to You!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Hi Nutflush98,
Please contact me i can do a credit analysis and help you and your girlfriend on a better track !!!

Libardo Quintero

Hello Nutflush98,

You can rent a single family residence (house) or condominium if you can afford the rent. Houses or condominiums generally rent above $2000.00 per month. Just as Thom posted, "a landlord is looking for a monthly salary of 3 times the rent. " Therefore, if you find a house that is $2000.00 per month, you need to prove that you make $6000.00 per month.

You have several options:
1. You can rent an apartment and spend less per month while saving for a down payment.
2. You can get pre-approved for a loan to see how much you qualify for and buy a house/condominium.
3. You can rent a house/condominium but for that price, and depending on your pre-approval, it may make more sense to buy.

I hope this helps. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Melchor Perez
DRE# 01842907
Star Real Estate South County
Most likely you can rent a good place if you have the income to support the rent. Typically a landlord is looking for a monthly salary of 3 times the rent. e.g. rent = $1,000 you need to make at least $3,000 per month.

Use a Realtor, we can pave the way and explain your situation better than you can. It will cost you nothing for the Realtor's services - the landlord pays it.