Rentals in Hollywood>Question Details

Dominique &…, Renter in Studio City, CA

My finance and I are looking to rent a house in the north hollywood/studio city area and im not sure if i should have an agent if im just renting

Asked by Dominique & Gabriel, Studio City, CA Mon Mar 4, 2013

Do real estate agents work with renters? Should i be looking for brokers? Or should continue to use Trulia & Craigslist ad's? My budget is on $2300 per month, is it worth using realtors.

Answers

12
Ryan Yamauchi’s answer
Hi Dominique and Gabriel,

Yes, real estate agents do work with renters. However, because traditionally, sellers pay commission, (or a finders fee if you will,) most agents will only show you homes you they could get paid on. I find that going on Craigslist and Westside Rentals and working with an agent concurrently are the most effective. Generally, homes listed with agents also tend to be of better quality, regardless of price range. Your budget is reasonable, so I'm sure you can find something reasonable.

If you need assistance, please let me know. I would be glad to help.

Thank you!

Ryan Yamauchi
Realtor, Rodeo Realty
RyanAYamauchi@gmail.com
310.623.8742
DRE#01907701
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Hello Dominique & Gabriel,

Yes, real estate agents work with renters and are paid by the person offering the property for lease, so it is free for you to work with a realtor. You can also use Trulia and Craigslist ads, although beware of scams. Sometimes these "scam" properties are listed at ridiculously low prices (if it seems too good to be true, it probably is).

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I would be happy to provide you with a list of properties available for lease in the area at no cost!

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.JamieTian.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
I can definately help you as an agent, free of cost for you. Remember, agents have MLS access therefore you will not loose any time with fake posting or expired. Contact me at any time, I specialize in that area.

Alexandra R. Trudeau | Realtor | CA CalBRE #01948951

CA Realty Group LA, Inc.
8024 W 3rd St | Los Angeles, CA | 90048
P | 323.263.7368 ext 103 | F323.210.3227 C | 626.290.1508
http://www.CArealtyGroupLA.com

Facebook: Alexandra Trudeau Real Estate
Use all avenues. Scour craigslist but watch out for scammers. Get a Westside Rentals account and view their listings. And yes, get an agent. There are great opportunities that we have access to that are not available anywhere else online. Some landlords ONLY list their property with agents on the MLS. Also we often hear of properties that are not listed anywhere that become available. Many landlords are leery of tenants that walk in off the street and would prefer that they be vetted by an agent first.

Mark Mintz
http://www.eastsidedigs.com
310-991-3808
It is always recommended to work with an agent regardless if you rent or buy. This would be of no charge to you since the seller of what you buy or owner of what you lease pays the commission.

Great news to you! I am an expert in the area and have some great homes that I have seen lately you may like to take a look at.

Give me a call and we can discuss further of what you are interested in.

Looking forward to it.
Hello Dominique and Gabriel,

I'd be happy to help you find a place that meets your needs. I know the area well and can show you homes on your schedule. Give me a call/text and lets find you something practical for a good price. Also, as an FYI, Agents usually work with no charge to the Buyer or tenant. Pick one you would like working with. =)

__________________________
Caroline Harabedian
RE-Search Concept
8700 Reseda Blvd., Suite 213-B
Northridge, California 91324
(818) 967-9626 mobile
(818) 979-0226 fax
http://www.HomesByCaroline.net
caroline.wcli@gmail.com

What if I could get you a home as a first time buyer if you qualify for very little down.

If you owned a home because I know of special financing programs would you still be my friend?

Best

Al Goldberg Broker
"Making Real Estate Fun"
800-765-3609
ALYourBroker@yahoo.com
I strongly recommend working with an Agent whether you rent or buy. Trulia and Craigslist, while good resources do not have the most up to date and complete information about what is available. I have worked for many years with Shannon Chang 626-319-8545. She is very knowledgeable and easy to work with
D&G, As my colleagues have mentioned, it happens all the time. They have also pointed out other resources available. Be aware that when a Landlord hires a Listing Agent / Brokerage to promote and lease their property, they are the ones who pay the commission due (from proceeds) once a contract has been finalized not the Renter. Typically, Landlords who post on free resources are looking to save a buck but that doesn't mean all that much - some people are DIY. As far as your price point, in the best areas of NoHo and Studio City $2300 will be low for a 2-bedroom or more house in good condition but there are apartments / condos in that range. My final comment is this: if you choose to employ a Renter's Agent to help you, be honest about looking on other resources and always know that Realtor's® cannot work with a client that already has representation. In other words, choose one, commit to them and they will commit to you 100%. Best of luck!

Risa Liebster, Realtor®
Ramsey-Shilling Associates
818.397.9188
RSLiebster@gmail.com
http://www.TolucaLakeRealEstate.net
I would go with craigslist first to begin any research. Many real estate investors we know use it all day long. Anyone on a budget likes the price ( free) and it is in realtime search. This means you can look at surrounding rental value and get a basic synopsis or snapshot of what you can get, for how much. If you need to drill down further, then you can try the fee based services like westside.
Dominique & Gabriel,

It is common for renters to use real estate agents to find a place to live. If you are renting or buying a property it is the seller/person renting the property that pays for the agents services often as a percentage of the total first years rent so you would not be responsible for paying for the agents services.

Your budget of $2300 a month may be possible for a house in your desired areas but a condo unit would also be a good option for your price range. Feel free to contact me by phone or email If you have any questions or would like a free list of properties for lease in any area I would be happy to assist you.

Jason Ling
(310) 625-5902
jasonling@rodeore.com

Rodeo Realty
Sunset Strip/West Hollywood
9200 Sunset Blvd Ste 200
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Dominique & Gabriel,

Westsiderentals.com is a pay site but very effective and has up to date listings even from the MLS. Good luck!