Rentals in Costa Mesa>Question Details

patjosanchez, Renter in Dallas, TX

My credit was destroyed due to my divorce, but I have excellent rental history and good income. Are landlords willing to work with that?

Asked by patjosanchez, Dallas, TX Sat Oct 12, 2013

Answers

5
Ryan Bos’ answer
Yes many will but adding a ton of pets into the mix could scare them. When you go to apply make sure you have letters of reference, a fully completed rental application (including past landlords / employers phone #'s), bank statements, copy of drivers license. If your only bad item is the divorce and all else is in order they should take a good look at you. Good luck!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Every landlord or property manager will be different. Just keep trying until you find the best option.
If your credit is an issue, you can offer to pay an increased security deposit or even pay two to three months rent in advance.

Another option is to have a co-signer. A letter form your current landlord that indicate you have had a great rent payment history "may" help.

Best of luck to you!!!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Some landlord will be willing to work with your situation, excellent rental history and good, steady income for 2 years and more are always a big plus.
Individual landlords can be, and often are, open to reasonable explanations when one has credit issues.

I have found that they are most concerned with the tenant's ability to pay the rent (good job) and the past history of paying rent on time.

Sounds like you are good on both counts!

Best wishes...........