Rentals in Denver>Question Details

hannahdsturm, Renter in Bisbee, AZ

My Fiance and I are relocating to the Denver area and are looking for a rental (2-3brd home, yard and garage). We would love to line a place up befor

Asked by hannahdsturm, Bisbee, AZ Mon Dec 16, 2013

we move in mid January. We would like to live in an area that is safe, close to green space/park, dog friendly and it would be amazing to be able to walk to eateries, stores and other local neighborhood attractions. We don't have a huge desire to live in the heart of the city, but do love to walk and be active. If you know of anything coming available in that time frame please feel free to contact me. We are looking to spend about $1500 per month.
Thanks, Hannah

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Denver

Answers

6
Hi Hannah,

You guys will love living in Colorado.

For a rental, check out this web site: http://www.padmapper.com

I recommend living down south near Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock or Parker which are in Douglas.
These areas have a lot of trails and walking paths.

The Douglas County Housing Partnership has a grant program where you receive up to $15,000 towards your down payment and/or closing costs. The only catch is you must buy and live in Douglas county.

I partner with my wife, Donna.

Call us for more information or if you have any questions. We would be glad to assist you.

Good Luck.

Rich Foerster
Rocky Mountain Real Estate Advisors
720-530-5553
rich@thefoersterteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 16, 2013
Where will you be working and commuting to/from? The Denver metro area covers a lot of geography. If you're looking for the suburban lifestyle in the southern half of the metro area, you may want to consider communities like Parker, southeast Aurora, Centennial, Highlands Ranch and Littleton.

If you're going to be working up north, you may want to consider Broomfield, Longmont, Louisville, or Lafayette.

If you're looking for the best of both worlds in terms of the convenience of being close to the city and the urban lifestyle, combined with single family residential neighborhoods, you may want to check out areas like the Washington Park/DU area , Krisana Park, and the neighborhoods that surround Bible Park. There are several similar communities as well.

Best rental site to check out are Rentals.com, and Craigslist.com. Be careful with Craigslist - lots of rental scams there. You should also consider talking to a couple of local property management companies. They will have access to inventory that won't make it on the rental sites.

Welcome to Denver!

Larry Brake
HomeSmart Realty
303-877-5242
LB@MileHiHomes4Sale.com
http://www.MileHiHomes4Sale.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 16, 2013
Hey Hannah, Dave again. My wife and I have two puppies and have tried just about every area around town. There's a few extremely dog friendly areas that we are raving fans of. Do you have any time to give me a call tomorrow? I could point you in the right direction. There's some mistakes that we've made that I'd love to help you and your fiance avoid. Not to assume too much, but I'm guessing that you two are in about the same life stage as my wife and I. Let me know if I can help!

Dave
719-271-9152
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 16, 2013
Highlands ranch is affordable, safe, tons of walking trails and shopping/restaurants.
South of downtown by 20-25 minutes.
Better bang for the buck. In the heart of Denver in the popular neighborhoods this rental price would get you a small 2 bedroom place, no bsmt in really popular neighborhoods and would be hard to find as there's limited inventory. Good luck - hope you like Denver :)
Flag Mon Dec 16, 2013
Have you considered buying? There is a Grant (something you do not need to pay back) available in the Denver Metro area right now that will Grant you up 4% of your down payment (you typically only need 3.5% to buy!). If you would like to know more about this program and others like it please feel free to call.

Tim Higgins
303-887-3858
Colorado Home Finder Realty
Hi Hannah, that's my wife's name! Are you going to be in town before you move, or will the first time you come be when you move here? Let's grab coffee, or atleast a phone call. Let me know!

Dave Umphress
719-271-9152