Rentals in Arlington>Question Details

Peter Storaa…, Real Estate Pro in Redmond, WA

My Daughter will be travel nursing in Georgetown for several months and we need to find her a safe nice place for about $1500/month. Are we nuts?

Asked by Peter Storaasli, Redmond, WA Tue Sep 11, 2012

or can this be possible?

Answers

6
Hi..I've been a DC area resident for over 30 years. If your daughter is going to be at Georgetown University.. in DC.. she may want to consider a rental in Arlington. Georgetown U , has buses that run from Rosslyn to campus .. so she'd have transportation.
While her budget is not large, if she can find a roomate through her school- they could easily rent a good place in Arlington from Avalon Bay / Archstone - or one of the many other rental communities and split the rent .

Arlington is a great place for ' Georgetown U' Students.. who want a bit more ' green' space.
But the key is you may have to sign for her lease.. as guarantor.. if she hasn't established credit yet on her own. Good luck.. and oh.. be WARY of Craig's list ads that seem like really good deals. They are often scams.. and they prey on ' out of town' folks who think they found something no one else did.

I've seen Harvard Grads get duped by these scams.. and I've reported many to the FBI.
Best to find a reliable building for her.

You'll rest easier!
Rents are hefty in this area, especially if she's not planning on being here for a full year. She may do better to try to rent a room in a house rather than trying to find an apartment on her own. Best of luck!
There are usually short term rentals available in River Place in Rosslyn (just across the river from Geogetown). The university runs a free shuttle from Rosslyn to Georgetown for hospital staff and college students. Many agents with these kinds of rentals list them on Craigslist. Rosslyn is very safe...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Hello Peter!
Check out apartment ratings to make your decision. You can also call the leasing office through there. Here is the link: http://www.apartmentratings.com/

My area of expertise are Carlsbad and Oceanside, CA. Also servicing Vista, Escondido, San Marcos, Encinitas, Del Mar, La Jolla, San Diego and the surrounding area.
.If you or anyone you know is interested on buying or selling a home, even renting, please let me know. I am readily available at any time to answer any question regarding home buying and selling. I am familiar with local zoning, tax laws and know where to obtain financing for the purchase of property. I also have big connection of real estate agent in the country through our referral system. Give me a ring or shoot me an email. Better yet, send me a friend request on Facebook!
Best Wishes,
Cecil Bettis
Keller Williams-Carlsbad, CA
direct: 940.783.5868
email:
bettis.cecil@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/iamcecilaustria
Good Morning Peter,
You might want to check http://www.apartmentguide.com/.../Virginia/Arlington/short-term-ava…
Lease a short term rental in Arlington VA. ApartmentGuide.com has a variety of Arlington short term apartments for rent.
This would be your best source for short term rentals!
If I can be of service, feel free to contact me.

Have a great day!
Jeanne Little
Century 21 Gawen Realty
Arlington, VA
thank you, Juli!
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
thank you Jeanne!!
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hi Peter
She would need a short term rental. Georgetown is a reasonably safe area as there are so many college students, faculty and professionals living close to the university and hospital. If she has a car, Arlington, VA would also be a great option. $1500.00 would get her a one bedroom one bath rental condo or apartment in Arlington. Prices in Georgetown are going to be higher. She might do well with finding another nurse that needs a short term roommate.