Rentals in Hyde Park>Question Details

Gp Ooi, Renter in 60615

Moving to the Hyde Park area mid-Sept from out of town. Planning to rent a 2 bedroom. Should we consult an agent or do it ourselves?

Asked by Gp Ooi, 60615 Mon Jul 14, 2014

Will be there in early August to view apartments. Currently thinking of scheduling all appointments by ourselves but not sure if that's the most efficient way to do it. Also, not sure if we consult an agent, do we pay for it or no?

Answers

6
One of the biggest things to consider is your price point. If you are renting a place that is at a higher price point, you might want to contact a realtor as there are a greater number of properties on the MLS.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2014
Thanks Todd. What's an MLS?
Flag Fri Jul 18, 2014
If you are from out of town, it would be a good idea to have someone local who knows the area. They can give you information about what you should expect to pay as well as some information about the neighborhood.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2014
You can go either or. You don't pay us (as far as buyer/leasing side) the sellers pay us so our services are pretty mcuh free.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 15, 2014
Thanks James!
Flag Tue Jul 15, 2014
Hyde Park is a very nice area, your by the lake, museum of science and industry etc. You'll find a lot of apartments in the Hyde Park, I think you will love. My name is Rhonda I'm administrative assistant to our managing broker with Command Realty, please don't hesitate to give us a call 773-961-8829.
We welcome you to Chicago and look forward to assisting you with your apartment rental needs.
Thanks!
Prospective Tenant Del Prado is actually a beautiful property in Hyde Park you may want to check out
Flag Fri Aug 15, 2014
Its free to use a leasing agent. I would try and get one as soon as possible.
I currently have a rental listing in Hyde Park - beautiful upgraded condo. What is your price range? Call me 773-914-5309 or email bbiederman@citypointrealty.com.