Rentals in San Diego>Question Details

64lincoln, Renter in San Diego, CA

Moving to San Diego

Asked by 64lincoln, San Diego, CA Sun Jun 26, 2011

considering move to SD from SF Bay Area, I have 2 daughters, ages 11 and 19. We would like to rent w.of the 5 in a good school district and near community college. we would like to rent a 3/2 under $4000. can anyone make any recommendations please?

Answers

10
64 Lincoln,
Try Coronado.....beach, bay, biking, theatre, military bases, ferry to downtown San Diego, short commute to city college, south western, grossmont etc. shopping, exceptional schools, concerts in the park, community events, water polo, great library, new movie theatre, shopping, minutes to Petco park & Gaslamp. superb fire & police services.
You should have no problem finding a 3/2 for $4k and under. They were already mentioned, but Del Mar and La Jolla have excellent schools, are located close to the beach, and offer excellent neighborhoods to raise children.
Chula has been an affordable area to live in, it has units that meet those requirements, and there is a community college not too far from the area.
Everyone has made good suggestions here, and there is no need to repeat everything they have said. They only thing I would add is that there are some potential communities further south on your way towards downtown that offer good areas to live West of the 5, and provide quick access to community colleges.

I've put a link below to to a resource guide for people moving to the area, that includes some links to sites with good information about housing and schools. If there is anything else you need, please let us know how we can help.
Your request should be easy to fill! I have two children as well and if I were relocating here I would consider Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, area. Great schools and great San Diego living.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Alexander 858-483-4687
Good Evening,

In North County, MiraCosta College at San Elijo is situated in a very desirable area http://(www.miracosta.cc.ca.us). It's just across the I-5, so easy driving from Del Mar, Encinitas, Leucadia, Solana Beach, and more.

A quick search of area rentals shows a 3/2 home in Del Mar Heights renting for $4000/mo. I didn't see too much else, but I just had a quick look. I think you'll find a very nice home here.

Further south in the city of San Diego is Mesa College (http://www.sdmesa.edu). It's a little more inland, but not far off the freeway either. There are houses in La Jolla and Pacific Beach to the west, and you should have no problem finding homes under $4000/mo, depending on where you prefer to live.

I hope this helps. You'd love San Diego!

Cory La Scala, Realtor
Independence Realty
Lic # 01443391
Direct: 619-825-6421
My son just graduated from University City High School. He did very well and I was pleased with the school. University City is centrally located and affordable. People buy in this area because of the schools. You could most definitely get a very nice rental under $4,000. Also, University City is centrally located and easy access to all freeways. University City is not far from the community college. This area is neighborhoood friendly, homes well kept and has a really community feel. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me. My number is 619-602-3349 and my email is mmenno@san.rr.com.
With all the school budget cuts you want to make sure and be in a good school district. Even within each district there are better schools than others. I have two school age kids and going through this right now. If you want to be in the San Diego School District probably La Jolla and Point Loma are the best. Del Mar and Poway are also good districts in general. An area attractive to most is Carmel Valley as the prices are not as high as La Jolla and Del Mar but the schools are very good. With the budget you indicated you will have no issues finding a good place.

If you want to discuss in more detail feel free to call me at 858-272-9123 or email bmaher@mcubedproperties.com
Great choice of moving to san diego! Here at century 21 award we believe in challenging the status quo. We believe in thinking differently. We do this by exceptional customer service, award winning experience , always and simplfying the process . There are several community colleges in town unfortunately none are west of the 5. Up north is Mira costa just east of the 5 off manchester. Next is mesa in claremont about 3 miles east of the 5. Down south is southwest college in chula vista about 5 miles from the 5. Out east is cuyameca and grossmont in la mesa. The good news is san diego is alot cheaper than sf and for under 4k per month there are a ton of options west of the 5. Call or email me with your wants and needs. View? Ocean view? Pool? Seaworld fireworks view? Close to downtown? Walking distance to beach? Yard? Garage? Parking for guests?
Aaron
619-977-8976
Cityaaron.com
Sdrealtorpro@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.cityaaron.com
Absolutely. Mira costa in the north county is where you want to be. Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas or Cardiff would be ideal. Contact me and I can provide you a detailed list of properties available as I specialize in north county coastal and rentals.

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
858 205-5215