Rentals in East New York>Question Details

Derick, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

Moving to New York in July [Couple, we're students]. Seems the hunt for a perfect apartment (preferably something below $750) is quite tough

Asked by Derick, Brooklyn, NY Sat Apr 21, 2012

actually. Anyone got any suggestions? That'd be appreciated, never been to New York so this is all new to at least one of us anyway.

Answers

9
Jean-Paul Ho’s answer
Thank you for your questions! We can definitely help you! Please call us at the office @ 1-718-875-8899 so we can schedule an appointment ASAP. We are open 7 days a week Monday Through Friday 9:00 AM to 9;00 PM Sat & Sun 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM We are member of Brooklyn New York MLS & Manhattan REBNY MLS
For more listing visit:
http://www.BrooklynRealProperty.com,

Office 1-718-875-8899
Brooklyn Real Property, Inc.
Downtown Brooklyn Office
389 Atlantic Avenue (Bet: Bond & Hoyt Street)
Brooklyn New York 11217
1-718-875-8899
Canarsie Office
9201 Flatlands Avenue (Corner of East 92 Street)
Brooklyn New York 11236
1-718-272-8988
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
For more listing visit:
http://www.BrooklynRealProperty.com,

Office 1-718-875-8899
Brooklyn Real Property, Inc.
Downtown Brooklyn Office
Brooklyn New York 11217
1-718-875-8899
Canarsie Office
Brooklyn New York 11236
1-718-272-8988
Derrick, it's Renee Winnicki, my iphone email is reneew@me.com
Derick, My name is Renee Winnicki. I work at Jabour Realty and Wade asked me to respond to your inquiry.
I have been renting medical students from St. George's University and AUC for the past 15 years, I am an expert on finding you affordable, clean, non-bug apts in the Bay Ridge, Sunset Park, Dyker Hts area. We are surrounded by teaching hospitals that these schools contract to, most of the students complete their 2 yr clinical rotations and graduate at the end. Some stay and do residency in these or Manhattan hospitals. Many of them share 2 or 3 bedrms, actually we have a 3 bedrm, furnished share right now in the neighborhood. It is cost effective.
Call me at the office 718 748 1800 or my cell 239 216 0490 and I will be happy to help you in your search.
Renee Winnicki
Jabour Realty
8704 3 Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11209
Dear Derick:

Maybe you can find a room mate to share the expenses. That is done quit often in Brooklyn. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Without knowing your areas of interest and size, not an easy question to answer; however rentals in that price range are rare. If interested in the Queens or Nassau County area check http://www.mlsli.com for available rentals. For any other areas of interest contact localty offices, or work with an agent; check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging and money; word of mouth, etc. You can also locate some area agents under the find a pro tab.
Generally an apartment at that rent will be tough to find. If you have decided on an area, contact a local broker there and they are going to be your best source.
There is a service available for Realtors to provide for customers and clients called Listing Book.

This service connects with the multiple listing service and will allow you to control your search and see everything within your geographic preference, size, cost, etc.

In order to set you up for this FREE service, I need first and last name, email address and the very basic of requirements.

After I set up your account, you will receive an email from mailservice@listingbook.com providing you with a link to the service and a password. The account now belongs to you.

Let me know if you would like me to do this for you. By the way, this service does NOT obligate you to use any specific Realtor.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com 631-425-6150