Rentals in Minneapolis>Question Details

aliciaryan06, Renter in Maple Grove, MN

Moving to Minneapolis in approximately 2 months&will be renting a home.Should I go ahead &start contacting property managers to help with my search?

Asked by aliciaryan06, Maple Grove, MN Fri Jan 10, 2014

Maple Grove, Plymouth, Edina,Hopkins, Minneatonka, Chanhassen

Answers

9
Most leases in Minneapolis have a 2 month + 1 day notice. If you are looking for a March 1st move in you should be good. It may be a bit early for April, but it doesn't hurt to ask as we post our available apartments as soon as we know about them.

Erik Johnson
Property Manager
http://www.copenhagenenterprises.com
There starts to be a lot of movement at that time of year. I would get a start on it now.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 10, 2014
Please visit our website at http://www.renttwincities.com for a complete list of available homes. Inventory will begin to increase as we approach February and March, but is currently quite low.

Chad Eichten, Broker
Midwest Realty Services
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 10, 2014
Yes, I would start asap! The rental market is hot.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 10, 2014
The leasing market in Mpls is generally 60 days ahead of itself, meaning all listings for a 3/1 move in are being listed now and listings for 4/1 will hit the market around 2/1 - 2/10. The sweet spot for finding a 3/1 rental will go until about 1/15 at which point options will begin to taper off. My broker, Downtown Resource Group specializes in the condo/loft market in Minneapolis (downtown, uptown and NE mostly) and we work with all the new apartments which are somewhat comparable as well. If this type of property and area is of interest, let me know know, I'd love to be of service. You can learn more about us here:
Web Reference: http://www.drgmpls.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 10, 2014
Depending on where you are looking in Minneapolis, I would get a head start. The rental supply is far lower than the demand and it might take a while to find the right home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 10, 2014
If you are looking to specifically rent a HOME, i would contact Jake Bents who specifically deals in renting homes........

Jake Bents
Invitation Homes
612.518.8598
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 10, 2014
There is also an MLS system for rentals in the metro. Let me know if you are looking to relocate :)

Or perhaps we could discuss the purchase process when ever you have time.

Cody Anderson, MN Licensed Realtor
RE/MAX RESULTS

Absolutely! Also, start searching the many online resources available: rent.com, renters.com, rentals.com, rentingsource.com, craigslist.org.