Rentals in Denver>Question Details

blvckmagic, Renter in Denver, CO

Moving to Denver in two months with two of my best friends. Seeing as two of us are females, what are low crime areas?

Asked by blvckmagic, Denver, CO Mon Jan 20, 2014

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Denver

Answers

12
South Park Hill is another outstanding neighborhood that I don't see getting much mention. Safe area, along with beautiful architecture and a great ambience!

Josh Perkins
Your Castle Real Estate, Denver, CO , 720-985-6834
I would look in SE Denver. Wash Park, Baker, Speer, West Wash Park all are safe neighborhoods.
Jefferson and douglas counties
What one person thinks is a low crime area might not meet someone else's thought on what is considered "low". Do your homework and visit specific sites addressing this and also visit the local police station for specific stats. Then you can determine what would meet your criteria.
As brokers we aren't supposed to comment on areas even if we know if the crime rates are high or not. My suggestion is to use the internet there are several sites that can help you determine if the rate is high or not. There's always registered sex offender sites available. You can always contact local police departments also.
Brian
The Trulia community has suggested some web sites that you can use to get information regarding crime rates. Those are great reference sites and I encourage you to consider them.

I'm going to suggest something different, that you should consider doing in addition to checking crime stats. If you have not already done so, consider taking some personal defense training classes. There are several available in the Denver metro area. Below are links to two:

http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/UniversityPolice/P…

http://www.impact-colorado.org/

The Denver and surrounding area is largely a very safe community to live in, but no community is crime free. Assaults that occur outside the home are often crimes of opportunity, and they can happen in any community. Knowing and understanding how to apply personal defense training techniques greatly increases your chances of avoiding, or surviving, an assault. Get trained and enjoy your new life in Colorado!

Best of luck to you!
Looking up crime statistics and calling the police department are great ideas. Another way of getting a "feel" for an area is the price of the property. For example a 2 bedroom, 1 bath condo listed for $140,000 will be in a better area than one in the same condition listed for $60,000. A more desirable neighborhood is going to sell for a higher price.
As downtown Denver goes you have the good and bad like any other urban city, but my son loves living downtown...lots to do if you like the nightlife.
Here is a great site for you http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/co/denver/crime/. I personally live close to downtown in Congress Park and love it. There are many great downtown neighborhoods, but it is urban living and you can be in a very nice neighborhood, then go a couple blocks away and the neighborhood totally changes.
If you have good transportation, you have many choices. Denver has numerous suburban areas that would make anyone feel comfortable. If you need to be near the city, you need to be more selective. Price/sq. ft., whether renting or buying, is a decent approach to determining overall quality of life in an area, but your personal needs are also very important. I'd like to know more about your personal needs, location you are coming from, and other factors that could help determine an appropriate location for you. Feel contact to call me anytime.

Matt Johnson
Brickstone Properties LLC
303-912-5486
cmattjohnson@comcast.net
I would recommend visiting this website:

http://www.denvergov.org/PoliceDepartment/CrimeInformation/C…

You can also call the police department and ask them questions about areas at 720-913-2000.