Rentals in Frisco>Question Details

Matthew Jones, Renter in Columbia, MO

Moving to DFW June 1 - Getting ahead looking for Rental

Asked by Matthew Jones, Columbia, MO Wed Apr 24, 2013

Moving to the DFW Area in June for a new job. My wife & I are both CA natives and made a short pit stop in Missouri for grad school. After conferring with some people familiar with the area my wife insists that we live in Frisco - not just Frisco ISD.

We'll be looking to rent at least a 3BR/2BA (would prefer a 4BR but would settle for a reasonable price or the ability to have two living areas or a dedicated office space). I'll be commuting to Downtown so the closer to the Tollway and further south the better.

I know what's on the market but I'd like to work with someone who would be able to show me homes in a short period of time when I arrive.

I'd like to start looking and negotiating around the middle of June for a possible July move in. My wives 'comfort' zone is around $1600 - while up to $1800 is OK with me so long as certain needs are met.

Our Credit is so-so but mainly due to debt racked up during grad school, new job income ($7500/mo) would easily cover over $2K.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Frisco

Answers

5
Matthew,

I would be more than happy to help assist you and your wife find a rental home. I can go ahead an set you up on an automatic search that will email you the new and updated listings in your search criteria. Then when you come to town I would be more than happy to show you the homes that you like. My services are at no cost to you. Feel free to give me a call or email if you have any questions or would like my help.

Kristin Sohn
RE/MAX Performance Group
214.250.0433
kristinsohn@remax.net
http://www.kristinsohn.remaxtexas.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 24, 2013
I'd be happy to assist if you are still looking for an agent to show you properties in Frisco.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Im living the exact same situation at this moment. Relocating from Miami. Need to find a home for the family. Moving in date would be July.
@Bruce - it'll be $35 a week from the Main onramp; I'll be looking to be south of there. We want to be in Frisco because of the city's amenities (as stated in my OP), its schools have programs that fit my sons special needs, and is most similar to where my wife and I lived in California. Not too worried about the commute times - used to much worse.

All additional expenses have been taken into account in my master budget - I am more concerned with someone who will represent my situation to the fullest to a potential landlord. I will have a letter of recommendation from my current landlord and am hoping that my income and reason for my sudden increased debt because of Grad School is reasonable.
You should be able to find something in this range.
The home rent pretty quickly in Frisco.
There is high demand and low inventory.
So Mid June for an early July move is about right.
Most owners will want you to start paying in about 2 weeks on empty house.
Occasionally we can stretch it out a month, but there is lots of competition. Often multiple applications on the sale house, so you want to be competitive.

There are plenty of people who make the drive, but it might be an hour each way.

Is there anything that specifically makes you want to live in Frisco if you work downtown?
You might pay $250 in tolls and another $200 or more in gas to live in Frisco vs downtown someplace.

Frisco is a great place to live, but you have to consider the added expenses of living there.

You can see rental homes at these links.

http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/propertytype/…
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX