Rentals in Washington>Question Details

C, Other/Just Looking in 60628

Moving to DC 4 work after graduating college. New job with govt. Small rental budget- $900/month, including utilities. Any suggestions? Hurry!

Asked by C, 60628 Thu Apr 21, 2011

Needs to be close to public transportation. Excellent credit score. I would like to be close to entertainment, shopping and more. Several sites on Trulia turned out to be scams. I want to buy but don't know the market and need more time to save.

Answers

6
Where will you be working? Your price point will be a challenge in finding something close-in in DC. On the other hand, if you rent outside the city, your transportation costs could very well offset any rental savings. I think you will find something in a studio, efficiency or junior one-bedroom but possibly not close in near the Fed bldgs.
You might check craigslist.com, or hotpads.com to see if someone is advertising. You may also wish to contact our rental specialist: Victor Calventi at (202)297-9979.
C,

I think you are smart to rent first and then save and buy in the future. Traffic is so bad here and Metro is declining due to age and lack of funding IMO so I would really think about where you will work and how close you can get to a Metro station. With gas the price it is and continuing to climb that will make a home even more valuable. MD also preaches smart growth policies that will also affect home values in the future. There are so many great areas in NW DC also that I love. Cleveland Park etc. Take some time get used to the three areas they are quite different in many ways and decide which is best for you. So after all that I do know some excellent agents in all three areas DC,MD VA and if you would like their names to see what you can rent and where just let me know and I will be happy to arrange it for you. Good luck and hope this helps.
Contact me when you get a chance.

jack@condodomain.com

We have rental listings around $900/month.

Jack
Hi

I also work as an agent in DC, and finding a place for $900 close to a metro that includes utilities will be tough. Have you considered close-in MD or VA as well? Or Jr 1BR or Studios might fit the bill, it depends on what you really need or what you can live w/o.

Melissa
mbarkalow@comcast.net
Hi There--I am an agent in DC and work with people relocating to DC as well as renters and buyers all the time! I have a couple listings in mind that may work for you, so if you would like to shoot me an email at alex.sardegna@gmail.com, I can get some more information from you about where you'll be working, etc, and start sending some listings your way. It will cost you nothing too, just FYI!

Look forward to working with you!