Rentals in Boston>Question Details

Amanda, Renter in

Moving to Boston from out of state, is a broker imperative when looking for an apartment in Boston and only having a limited time to look?

Asked by Amanda, Tue Aug 27, 2013

My company is flying me to the Boston area for a 48-hour period to go apartment hunting. Is it best to have a broker for this time so that they can show me around and give me options as to what I can rent, or should I use that time to look on my own to narrow down my search?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Boston

I also suggest using a broker to help you. My last foray into renting in the Boston area went so much better once I employed an agent.

This should be a slam dunk and an agent should easily be able to help you with your request. If you are having difficulties please let me know and I am happy to find you a rental broker in Boston or across the river in Cambridge.
A broker would certainly be beneficial in your situation, given that Boston will be a new city for you, and they can provide you with much insight on the neighborhoods and the local market conditions.
Hi there,
Since you are here only for a limited period of time, a broker is essential to your search.
Kind regards,
Brokers will most certainly be able to help you explain all the areas and the good and bad, but there is a good chance that there will be a fee.
If you are coming to Boston in the near future, then there are many places that will also pay all or part of the fee, depending on where and when.

If you are shopping for budget, then be careful on CL...because like anything, if it is too good to be true, then it is.

Best of Luck,

Check Craigs List! Of course use caution as there are scammers on there too.
It comes down to your own skill and comfort with handling a rental search in the time you specified. Might your company have access to a relocation company to assist you? Do you have any familiarity with the areas of Boston other than what you can find online?Depending on your financial situation having an agent on the ground bird-dogging for you could be quite the asset. There are quite a few great rental real estate professionals on here. Identifying where in relation to your job you need/want to live, what features, price range etc. are important to you. If you have very specific wants in a rental you really should engage the assistance of a pro.
If you don't have much time having a agent will most def. help. Since we know our landlord/listings it will ease the search, since there is no inventory anymore.

Please let me know as to what you are looking for and I'll be more than happy to help.

What times tomorrow Wednesday in the morning are you free to see some rental listings?

Please answer the following questions and I will see what other listings meet your search criteria:

2.Phone number:
3.Email address:
4.Desired move in date:
5. # of bedrooms:
6. Price Cap:
7. Desired location:
8. pets:
9. Place of Employment:
10. Amenities:
11. Co-Signers:
12. Number of Roommates:
13. Relation to Roommates:
14. Children:
15. Expecting children:
16. Undergraduates:
17. What time and where did you find this?
Thank you for contacting Presidential!

Visit: for new rental listings daily!

Patricia Doherty Donovan
Presidential Properties
17 Myrtle Street
Boston, MA 02114

“Beginning in January or February look for rental apartments available June & Sept.
When you are ready to buy a condo let me represent you as your buyer’s Agent.
The owner of the listing pays the commission, not you.
If you go to an Open House say you’re working with me; and put my name on the sign in sheet”