Rentals in Austin>Question Details

upton4321, Renter in San Antonio, TX

Moving to Austin for a start date of 3/31/14.

Asked by upton4321, San Antonio, TX Sun Mar 9, 2014

Looking for an apartment near to UT. Needs 1/1 is fine for me or a 1/1/study. Have looked at downtown complexes and seen a couple of options but rates change everyday! Need to project move in on 3/27 or 3/28. Any help is welcome. No pets/non smoking/would like reserved parking or garage. House or apartment is fine.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Hi Upton,

I know of that neighborhood well and would love to discuss your parameters. Please call me at 860.965.2952 or email me at

Urvi Austin Team
Hi. Austin is one of the most competitive rental and sales markets in the US. My advice is decide on an agent you can work closely with as, yes, the market does change daily. If you need to move in 20 days from now, you ought to be actively engaged in this way right now as this is the window where you will have the best chance at success. All fees are paid by the landlord for an agent to assist you, and I highly recommend against using the big sites like this to search vs the up to the minute accurate info on MLS as you do not have a lot of room for error with the clock ticking. However, I recommend you find an agent you feel good about working with and feel they will work hard for you, commit to them, and then engage it heavily to get what you want. Our occupancy rates are through the rood and the area you stipulate is also very competitive. Find someone you can trust and let them guide you through the process. I mostly focus on sales but do take on the occasional tenant is you still need help. If not, I wish you the best of luck!

Dave Mosrie
Re/Max 1