Rentals in Friendswood>Question Details

April_mm02, Renter in Friendswood, TX

Moving here in March. When can we start looking 4 rent homes in Friendswood ISD-would hiring realtor be best. Filed BK in '10-Will this affect renting

Asked by April_mm02, Friendswood, TX Mon Nov 26, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3100393767-1908-Palo-Duro-St-Fr…

Answers

3
It would be best to wait to start looking not more than a month before moving in. A Landlord won't hold a lease property longer than a few weeks for a Tenant, usually. If you aren't in the area, hiring a Realtor would be best. It doesn't cost you anything to work with one, since the Landlord always pays their fee. The Agent can email you all of your options of homes currently on the market, and could even go to the homes you think you like, and video tape them. That way you can get a better idea of how the home really is. They can email you the video of the property. Filing BK will affect the leasing of some homes. It depends on the Landlord. Criminal Records are also run for each adult on the lease. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Take care.
It is always best to have REALTOR representation in any real estate transaction. In most cases, services are FREE to buyers and renters. Please be honest and disclose all information in regards to your REALTOR, so that when a property is located, she can run everything by the owners/owner's representative, prior to you shelling out monies for application fees and/or deposits. If you are in need of representation, please feel free to contact me. I also have access to apartments throughout the State of Texas!
It's always best to use a realtor to located your desired home rental property. You don't pay a realtor anything upfront, at least you should not, we get paid once we have helped you secure your lease and you move in. If you are going to consider renting an apartment, then I would advise you not to use a realtor. As a quick reminder, depending on the age of your children, if you have a specific school in mind, be cautious and have any agent you use, double check the schools. FISD is small, but we do have more than one intermediate & elementary school. Call me, emails me if I can help you guys and tell you what you need in order to be prepared to lease a home here in Friendswood. Thx-Amy (281)993-4837 or amyap1p@gmail.com.