Rentals in Portland>Question Details

laura.wren79, Renter in Portland, OR

Moving from London to Portland in January. Need somewhere close to downtown and also good access to Beaverton. No children - what area?

Asked by laura.wren79, Portland, OR Sun Sep 2, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Portland

Answers

7
Kathleen Cacouris’ answer
RMLS # 12129464

My home is SW is for sale as I am moving to Italy. Could rent with an option while yo get to know Portland. My neighbor is from England and works at NIKE, and it is a quick 20 minute drive. Heck you could car pool.

Best
Kathleen Cacouris
503-360-3612
kathleencacouris@gmail.com
I lived in NYC and San Francsico and ow here for fifteen years,
sounds good - john will be there next week.

Can you call email him for a viewing please?
john.burlo@nike.com
Flag Fri Sep 28, 2012
What I would first suggest is to find an agent that will spend the time you need to set up some area tours. I have done much with relocation and this is usually a good first step. I would also suggest touring some of these areas at the times you will be driving to and from work so that you get a "realistic" view of commute times.
As for what area, that really depends on what you like. I specialize with the condo market and I would suggest the Pearl District as a good first choice to look at. It was just recently ranked #5 for the "Hippest" neighborhoods in the country. I have several Nike clients that make this commute and really enjoy the Pearl lifestyle. Having multiple access routes is always something to look at as well, that way if the freeway is backed up you can still get home in a reasonable time by taking different back roads.
The price point you are looking at is also important when considering the area to live in. The Pearl District will be a little more spendy than say a townhome in Beaverton but many prefer to pay the premium price to get the lifestyle that the Pearl offers.
Do you want to purchase a townhouse, apartment or single family home with a yard? Portland inner city is incredibly vibrant and active. Depending upon where in Beaverton or the Oregon Silicon Valley
where you want to commute to its 20 minutes via the max line. I have a friend who lives in the Pearl
downtown and is working in Hillsboro (1hr ).
My house is 8 minutes to downtown, walk to public transport and hop on Beaverton Hillsdale to get to Nike, Kaiser etc...
I am moving to Italy for a year and renting it out. see listing on Trulia
6426 SW Burlingame Place
Light Filled treehouse
Hi there. May I ask where do you live at this time in London? The question comes from “a former” European who has a feeling of England. I assume the neighborhood you live there will pretty much fit your needs and the houses in that area will appeal to your lifestyle. There is a very good chance to find a property in the way you like but I have to agree with my colleagues: it will be up on how much you’d like to spend. You can check available properties on the RMLS web site but better get in touch with an agent of your choice because the knowledge and expertise an agent brings into this process. If I can answer any other questions I'd be glad to. All the best.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Depends on your price range. Goose Hollow would be a great neighborhood choice, or one of the many close in SW Portland neighborhoods like Hayhurst or Bridlemile. I'd be happy to help. Check out my website for more information about myself.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Hi Laura,
Your best bet would be to interview a few agents and choose one to work with you closely to narrow down specific areas and neighborhoods that would work for you. Your price range will help determine what areas would work, and is the best place to start.

All the best!

Cindy Westfall, ABR,GRI
Premiere Property Group
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
503-819-5241
cwestfallportlandrealestate@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012