Rentals in Tampa>Question Details

Jade Brice, Home Buyer in Merrillville, IN

Military family relocating this August to the Tampa area from El Paso. Need a rental before buying a home.

Asked by Jade Brice, Merrillville, IN Sun Jan 13, 2013

We are looking for a temporary apartment while we go house hunting at most 3-4 months. Having trouble finding an apartment online that accepts German shepherds and Siberian huskies. We are looking for a 2 bedroom 1-2 bath, short lease, for the Tampa area. Max budget is around $1000 not including pet fees. Tampa area

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Tampa

Answers

7
The short term rental market is tight in the Tampa area and unfortunately your dogs are considered to be "aggressive" breeds which are not covered by most insurance policies. You may want to offer purchasing a dog insurance policy rider which takes the burden off the landlord and on to you. I don't know if it will help with the apartments but it may for indepedent owners who are willing to do a short term rental. If you would like to discuss options and learn more about areas - please feel free to call me.
Hello Jade,

I may have a solution for you. I just received a new property management account and the owners may consider a short term rental. They are also in the military. The home is a 3/2 located in Riverview. The rent is $1,050 per month and the yard is completely fenced in. When are you looking to relocated?

Please feel free to call or email me with any questions you may have.

Andrew Schmitt
Yellowfin Realty
Sales Associate / Property Manager
andrew.yellowfinrealty@gmail.com
http://www.andysellstampabay.com
Hi! Welcome to Tampa! Check out our website: http://www.tampapropertymanagement.com. We manage many single family properties that the owners are sometimes willing to rent short term. We also have leasing agents that can assist you in your search. Good luck to you!
Welcome to Tampa,

That is so exciting that you get to come to this wonderful state and Tampa is such a great location. I remember when we got orders for MacDill. I literally cried I was so happy. I am certain you will have a great time getting to enjoy all the amazing attractions, and living the Fl lifestyle during your time here.

To answer your question above, Everyone has been pretty much correct that finding a rental for a short term in this area is nearly impossible. Due to the high volume of people who only come down for the winter and spring, and the laws that make renting short-term akin to a hotel stay therefore requiring taxes to be collected (making it very expensive for an owner).

Often owners will put a limit on the size or number of dogs and with two large breeds it also may be hard. We also moved here from CO with 3 dogs one of which was a Siberian Husky. We were not able to find a rental and so we bought a home in Valrico. It is a little commute but it gave us more land for him to run and all the schools are rated A+.

I have worked with many military clients in both renting and buying. I am experienced in using the VA and USDA loans, as well as others, and can help walk you through that experience.

If you would like more information on the area, MacDill or would like to receive my free welcome packet to Tampa, just send me an email at THoyt@prutropical.com or call me at 813-352-6219.

Very Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
Hi Jade,
In Florida, many condo associations and homeowners associations have rules that limit the size and / or number of pets..Winter is "tourist season" so short-term rents are at their highest. I recommend you may wish to consider a house that is not in a community with a Homeowenr's Association (HOA).. See all listigs and get free valuable information at
http://www.BUY-SELL-RENT-FLORIDA.com. Julie Rosenthal, Broker (561)827-6789 julier6789@gmail.com
Property Brokers International
Jade,

short term rentals are not impossible, just a little difficult, especially with two big dogs. I have a couple of ideas though. please give us a call so that we can discuss.

Bill Szydlowski
813-323-4443
It is difficult to find short term rentals, but not impossible. I can perform a search and see what I can find for you, but anything that is available now will most likely not be available by the time you come down in August, but you will at least have an idea of what you can find for that price range that does accept your pets. If you would like my assistance, please email me with a bit more detail. Where exactly in Tampa are you looking? Are you trying to be close to a specific location? Any information will help, and I will do my best to find you a place.

Marie Barakat
mabarakat337@yahoo.com
813-992-1217