Rentals in Tucson>Question Details

Tosca83, Renter in Tucson, AZ

Military family moving to Tucson (not sure when we are heading out...but probably sooner than later.).

Asked by Tosca83, Tucson, AZ Wed Jul 18, 2012

want to be near base, but not far from malls, dinning, etc as well as outdoors activities...where is a good location with low crime and good schools? Renting.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Tucson

Answers

13
it really is about 50/50 on gas vs electric.
I am a USAA member and former USAA employee.
My dad was Navy.
I would be happy to assist you when you are ready.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Hi all! Thank you for your answers, very helpful! We are probably moving around april, so I may be contacting you for further help! I was also wondering, if anyone knew which was more predominant in Tucson, Electric or Gas Dryers? I have the opportunity to get rid of the electric dryer which has been siting in our garage for over THREE YEARS in a friend's yard sale, but my husband is worried we may need it when we move. Any help would be MUCH appreciated! THanks!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Check out my website (suebrooksrealestate.com) buyers tab - it has community info, crime stats, school info and more. As Realtors, we can't suggest areas or recommend schools, but we can be the 'source of the source'. While I primarily represent buyers and sellers, I do have a military client transferring in the fall, leaving behind a nearly new home to rent! Email me through my site for details.
The Tanque Verde School District is top notch and a nice community to consider.
If you are willing to rent an apartment rather than a house

This community is brand new and offers 3 bedroom 2 bath floor plans
http://www.theplaceatcreekside.com/

If you want something more budget friendly
http://www.edgewoodapartments.info/
Thanks to all for the responses! We haven't gotten our paper orders yet, so we can't plan for TMO to move us. I am thinking it might be several months until we actually move, as my husband has a surgery planned, and lots of training to do for his new assaignment. It could be anywhere between october and january, and I really want a place before we move, instead of hanging out on base trying to find a new home! I think the Eastside is closest to base, and that's probably where we want to be. My mother lived there for a while in the 60's and loved it, but obviously things change! How is the crime rate? I head it's beautiful and there is a great music scene in Tucson, being a musician I feel I might want to be closer to that. The hubs will be gone a lot, so that would be more entertaining for me, and I might be able to connect more quickly with other musicians.
For renting a home: my husband is extrememly tall, we need a Master with room for a cali king bed, but still be able to walk freely around it. Tall ceilings and tall doors are a must. Also, must be pet friendly. We have the SWEETEST 14 month old puppy, boxer mix.
We may have a home on the eastside of Tucson. When are you thinking you would need something?
I know a good Real Estate Agent in Tucson, AZ that can help you in relocating to Tucson. If you like I can connect you to her if you send me your information.
Grace Adewumi
Realty One Group
gracea@realtyoneaz.com
602-769-0890
I love Tucson! We retired here from DMAFB (see my bio). There are lots of really nice areas in Tucson; little nooks and crannies you wouldn't even dream of! The base is close to Park Mall. There's great dining all over Tucson. As for schools and crime stats check out the stats on http://tpdinternet.tucsonaz.gov/Stats/statistics.aspx
Congrats, Tucson is a wonderful place to live. Military.com has some great step by step tips for making your move http://www.military.com/money/pcs-dity-move/pcs-checklists.html , and as far a where to live in tucson googlemaps.com would be a great resource. I like craigslist alot when searching for rental property.

Good luck on you move and thank you for your service.

Cindy Pimber
Tierra Antigua Realty
Congrats on moving to Tucson, renting is a good idea before looking to buy. I would recommend contacting a local property management company or Google Property Management Company Tucson. Free sites like Trulia and Zillow are not very up to date, many times listings (including rentals) will show active when they are already under contract, or rented out.

I am sure some property managers will answer your question on here, give one a call & review your search criteria with them and they can help you find what you are looking for.

Best of luck.

Spirit
oops, I don't handle rentals. sorry :)
I am happy to help you. what price range are you in?