Rentals in San Antonio>Question Details

Victor Marti…, Renter in Cibolo, TX

Military family moving to Ft Sam Houston. We're looking for a rental home, 4br/2 ba, in the May/June timeframe. We also have a cat.

Asked by Victor Martinez, Cibolo, TX Thu Apr 11, 2013

Interested in Cibolo/Stone Oak/Helotes areas. Or other areas with good elementary/middle schools outside of the 1604. Thanks!!!

Answers

7
I did the same for a military family just last year about the same time. I know a great area in Stone Oak where the elementary school and middle school are across the street from each. That would make things very convenient for you I am sure.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
gregory.touchstone@gmail.com
Thanks for your quick reply! I'll be in touch with you soon!
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
Nwilson02@att.net Hollywood park
They are right the market is hot both for rentals and sales. But if your going to be here only 3 yrs why tie yourself down. Again you can email me and I can send you photos. Go to http://www.realtor.com you can see rentals and for sale. Ask any realtor about Hollywood Park. Mine should be available around mid June or July. Nwilson92@att.net
Congrats on making the move to the San Antonio area. There is lots to see and do here and soon you will feel like it is home. Ft. Sam is in the northeast side of San Antonio, but I see you are looking all the way over on the northwest side of town in Helotes which would be maybe a 45 minute drive from the base.

The school districts in the Cibolo/Schertz area have good reputations and would be closer to the base. If school and work are closer together it will make it easier for you to pick up your child for an emergency or if they are sick.

There are many choices for rental homes in this area however most all are available in less than a 30 day time frame. That means now is a good time to look for a May 1 move in, but it will be rare to find something for a June 1 move in. The rental market is very strong, meaning a landlord won't hold a home off the market for more than 7 days once a lease has been approved.

I will have an informative article on my blog tomorrow at http://www.MySanAntonioHome.net about tips on renting. Take a few minutes to read it which should give you an excellent idea of how to navigate this rental market.

Give me a call so I can help you find the best solution that works for YOU!

Christine Henderson
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate-Bradfield Properties
210-491-0021 ext 140 (direct access)
Changing Real Estate Dreams Into Reality Since 1985
Thanks for the info! Email would be better, as I'm in Germany right now and calling back stateside means later nights for me.
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
Victor;

Provide me with your email and I will send you all the properties available for rent in the Cibolo/Stone Oak/Helotes areas. I need to know your price range and the earliest you can sign a lease.

The Cibolo area will provide you with more house for less money and a shorter commuting time to Fort Sam in comparison with the Stone Oak area. In addition, Cibolo is closer to Randolph AFB with great access to commissary, BX, etc.

My email address is nelson@nelsontorres.com

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Nelson Torres
Broker/Owner
Believe Realty
Thank you for your reply!
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
Our home will be available around your time frame and we are in Hollywood Park across from Stone Oak. You have access to same stuff Stone Oak. 4/2/2 one story on a .49 lot with oak trees we preferr military with 3 yr contract market range $1900-2,000 for our area. I can provided photos and contact info if I
Interested
We really appreciate your offer! Unfortunately your house is out of our price range, and we're noticing that's the case for Stone Oak. Our price range is $1500 or below. The absolute max would be $1600. Again, thank you for your offer. If you're aware of any other properties in our price range I'd be glad to hear from you again!
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
Is there any way I can talk you into taking advantage of what will probably be the best buyer's market we may ever see in our lifetimes?

The market is rapidly turning into a seller's market
Interest rates are WAY DOWN, but they are headed up

If you buy a home now:

* You will get more for your money - Rentals never stack up to homes you can buy for the same payment

* Tax Write-off - You can write off the interest you pay on your mortgage, you can't do that with rent

* Build Equity in the home - Each time you make a payment, you are that much closer to owning it!

* Gain Appreciation - Homes tend to go up in value... the home is worth more than you bought it for!

If you rent a home: You get nothing!

:)

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
Web: http://www.SAHomeExpert.com