Rentals in Seattle>Question Details

ahanif, Renter in Seattle, WA

Married couple with two dogs moving to the Seattle-area looking for a townhouse south of Seattle.

Asked by ahanif, Seattle, WA Thu Jul 26, 2012

We (married couple with two dogs) are moving from Washington, DC to the Seattle for a new position in mid-August. I will be working in Auburn but traveling as far north as Bellingham while my wife will work in Seattle. Ideally, we would like to rent a townhouse south of Seattle in a nice quiet neighborhood. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Seattle

Answers

4
Wendy Hughes-Jelen’s answer
No one has mentioned West Seattle - a LOT closer to downtown, and there are multiple ways to get there so don't let "the bridge" scare you. I've lived here for 15 years and my husband commutes to the Eastside.

It is true the rents are really high right now. And having pets complicates things and narrows the potential rental pool considerably. It is true it is also cheaper to buy - but only if you plan to stay in one spot for a few years. Or get an incredible deal.

I help people with both rentals and buying, and green is my niche. I just helped a couple find a place for a move from Phoenix to here. I have also managed to talk "no pets" landlords into taking pets before, with a reference letter from the current landlord. The right approach pays off.
There areas of Burien/Des Moines/Federal Way/Kent/Auburn is where I would area look for you. If you need help, I am happy to offer assistance....
The neighborhoods of Leschi and Mt. Baker would put you closer to downtown Seattle, and also near to freeways for access north to Bellingham. If you prefer to live closer to Auburn you might consider Renton. Renton offers easy access to I-405 and Highway 167. Renton would be a much better commute for anyone working in Auburn. Renton has a pleasant, small town feel, compared to Seattle. Rentals are more prevalent in Renton, compared to south Seattle. Good luck!
Thank you Ray.
Flag Thu Jul 26, 2012
Have you thought about purchasing a condo? There are several well priced "free standing condo's" in the South Seattle area. I'm thinking of one in particular in Auburn that isn't on the market yet, that might be exactly what you are looking for. Click on my profile for contact info and send me an email (or just call) with a little more info and I may be able to help either way.