Rentals in 92111>Question Details

Susan Mcmill…, Home Buyer in Julian, CA

Looking to rent a 2 bed /1.5-2 bath- no carpeting- allergies! We'll be moving to San Diego July 1st, 2013.

Asked by Susan Mcmillion, Julian, CA Wed Apr 10, 2013

Preferably located within a 5 mile radius of Point Loma, $1500/mo.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 92111

Answers

3
You need FBS. Rentals are what we do. Rentals are all we do. Rentals are who we are in San Diego for more than 4 decades. We currently operate rental properties in 69 zip codes throughout the region. We have become the best center for resources essential to renters by choice as well as independent rental owners. We bring industry Best Practices to both. I appreciate the nearly 10,000 Trulia visitors that keep up with my profile as well as the 50,000 that follow Neil Fjellestad's blog. However, my perspective is only one thing that makes FBS the industry leader it is. Our unsurpassed team, our systematic approach to leasing & rendering service to our renters, our daily incorporating technologies that others are just talking about are all reasons for our leadership. But our leadership only matters when it matters to you. First, visit our website http://www.fbs-pm.com then contact our San Diego Metro Office. Start by speaking with Melissa. She'll direct you from there. Your requirement for no carpet throughout could be tough to accomodate. Be prepared as to what other requirements you could compromise. If you get involved with a rental that is planning a flooring improvement but the work hasn't been accomplished yet maybe you can negotiate something. The problem of course is that quality rentals within the 92106 and 92107 neighborhoods are in short supply and there is high demand. If you branch out to 92108 you will be within a 10 mile radius of Point Loma but have twice the selection. Let me know how you make out. Neil
Web Reference: http://www.fbs-pm.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 10, 2013
Hello Susan,

While you may wish to work with a property management company or a REALTOR, as they can provide a ton of assistance in what can sometimes be a frustrating and trying experience. Not to be a total downer, but there are plenty of rental scams out there, so be very diligent and if something looks like a rat, smells like a rat, and tastes like a rat, it probably is a rat.

If that didn't scare you altogether, you may wish to look at the following sites for possible rentals: Trulia, Craigslist, Backpage, SignonSanDiego, San Diego Union Tribune.

If you opt to work with a REALTOR, they have access to other rentals through the MLS system. If you have an agent doing the right things for you, they will reach out to their vast sphere and try to track down a rental as well (perhaps one not currently on the market.)

One other tip could be to drive around the area that you would like to rent in. Often times, there will be for rent signs that otherwise you would not know are available.

I hope this helps and best of luck in your search. The good news is that while home prices are up over 14.1 over the past year, rental rates are only up .1%. There are various reasons for this, but I will not get into that here.

Best of luck,

Chad Basinger, REALTOR®, CPA, CFP®
858-997-3704
chad@chadbasinger.com
Web Reference: http://www.chadbasinger.com
Fjellstad is who I recommend ALL My clients to for their rental needs. I second Neil's response. :)