Rentals in Columbia>Question Details

Kellhark, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Looking to buy an investment home in columbia and rent it out- what is the market like in Forest Acres area?

Asked by Kellhark, New York, NY Tue May 21, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Columbia

Answers

14
Forest Acres is a great place to live. It is an established community- with very little new construction. Forest Acres (with exceptions of course ) have a strong resale value. For answes to other questions & more information regarding this question you can reach me at 803.261.9707(cell)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
I work with a lot of investors in this area and it is very popular for many reasons. I have currently found several really great properties that are foreclosures and you can get them at a great price. If you are not currently working with an agent, give me a call or email me at 803-318-9549 or Kim.Livoti@gmail.com.

Kim Livoti, Realtor
ColumbiaLand Realty
kim.livoti@gmail.com
803-318-9549 Cell
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 20, 2013
My Forest Acres Home is rented at this time. However, If you have anyone interested I will entertain offers! Check it out. 6608 Vanwood Drive 29206.
803-429-8196
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Rentals in Forest Acres can be strong. This is true because Forest Acres is so close to downtown, The University of South Carolina & Fort Jackson. In Forest Acres you don't have as much new construction . Forest Acres has so much to offer & will be a great place to invest. Please call me anytime for more details at 803.261.9707(cell) or mccardlesteve@hotmail.com. Please be aware of the difference in the property taxes for non owner occupied properties.
I have a 4 bed 3 bath 2690sqft house on 1 acre lot, house for sale in 5905 Northridge dr for 219k that is currently rented out for 1,425k until Dec 2013.

Jesse Stephenson
803 220 7405
If you are still looking to purchase investment property in Columbia I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Forest Acres is a great area. However, depending on what your goals are as an "investment home" there may be other options that would help you hit the ROI you are looking for.

My wife and I own both single family houses and mobile home parks in the great Columbia Area and I can tell you that our mobile home parks have huge ROI. Houses are great for building equity and realizing depreciation, but if Cash on Cash return is what you are looking for, mobile homes could be a great alternative.

Taxes on rental property can be pricey in this area, where as if you had a mobile home you may pay $100 max per YEAR per home. This will help boost your cash flow buy hundreds of dollars per month. There are a lot of minute details and differences. If anyone has any questions let me know.
Forest Acres is a great market. I live in Forest Acres. I would love to help you find a home. Call me at 803-290-1911 or email me at SheliaSmithHomes@gmail.com
My house in Forest Acres is currently rented for $1200. with a 1 year lease ending June 30, 2014. It is for sale because I was not looking to have investment property. If you are interested, please see my post below. It is currently listed for sale @ $172K which would more than likely place your mortgage payment at considerably less than the $1200. it is currently drawing monthly... It is on Zillow, 6608 Vanwood Drive Columbia, SC 29206.
Forest Acres is a great area to purchase property for any reason. I know a great realtor that has lots of experience in this area. Once you have purchased your property I would love to assist you in finding an ideal tenant for your property. Feel free to contact me any time.

Jermaine Brown
Property Manager in Charge
Brownstone Property Management, LLC
(803) 556-9886 / jbrown@brownstonemanagement.net
Its a great area. For best return you want to be in satchelford elementary and AC Flora Highschool districts. Im both a realtor and I own a property management company with homes in forest acres. http://Www.stephensonrents.com
803-220-7405
Jesse stephenson
Hi
I grew up and currently live in Forest Acres. I would be happy to discuss this with you at your convenience.
Finklea Tomlinson
Coldwell Banker
803-513-1322
There are a few condo's for rent in the $1100-$1200 range. There is one house for rent in the $1650 range(2300 sq. feet). Homes are do well in this area!

Please let me know if I can help you find an investment property! Melinda Ray, W Realty 803-319-8911

Melinda!!!!!!!!!!
Forest Acres is an older community. Very little new construction. Call me at 803-290-1911 or email me at SheliaSmithHomes@gmail.com for more information.