Rentals in Chapel Hill>Question Details

Amber Mcloney, Renter in Durham, NC

Looking for some assistance and advice in finding a rental property for one year, starting fellowship at UNC hospital on July 1, 2013.

Asked by Amber Mcloney, Durham, NC Thu Feb 7, 2013

Hello, I am glad to have found this website. My husband is currently a resident at Ohio State and starts his fellowship at UNC hospital on July 1 so we are moving to the area and need to find a rental for one year. We are hoping to find a single family home as we have two small children (ages 4 and 1). We also have pets (small dog and 2 cats).

We were planning to look at Chapel Hill and surrounding area, my husband would like to be within a 15 minute drive of the hospital. We could really use some advice about when we should plan to find a property, not sure how far in advance we should look. We are planning to visit the area the week of Feb. 25th and would love to meet with someone in person to possibly view places and neighborhoods.

If anyone has advice or time to meet with us, we would be very grateful. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Answers

8
Margaret Moore’s answer
Hi Amber,
You can try ChapelHillRent.com or the link below. You can get an idea about neighborhoods here:
http://www.trianglecoast.com/chapel-hill-carrboro-neighborhoods/
Margaret Moore
113 Simerville Road, Chapel Hill, NC (in Meadowmont neighborhood)
Call 412.553.9497 to see it. Thanks, Mary
Hi Amber,

I have a 3 bedroom 21/2 bath condo in Finley Forest. Less than 15 min to UNC Hospital and a short walk to the bus lines. I bought this unit a few years ago when my daugher was a student.
Mostly grad/med school students and some young families.
Feel free to call me at 336 622 3380.

Joel Poe
Hi, Amber. We will be renting our house starting this summer. It is a 3+bedroom house, 2.5 baths, a fenced yard, wonderful front porch and nice deck. We can rent the house furnished, it's negotiable. We live near Duke Forest (which means there are lovely hills and woods) and several private schools, with pre-schools. It has been a wonderful family home for us, in a friendly country neighborhood. We are about 15 minutes from UNC hospital, and also close to Hwy. 40. If you'd like to talk further feel free to email me at debhilgenberg@gmail.com and we can arrange a time to Skype or call. I can send a few pictures too. I am not a realtor, just someone who was in a similar position 25 years ago and now looking to travel for a year or two!

Deborah
Welcome to Chapel Hill!

I'm with Coldwell Banker - HPW in Chapel Hill and would be pleased to show you properties in the area the meet your needs. You are right in looking for a lease at this time to find the best property available.

Call me at 919-388-5341.

Robert Rawls
I work with rentets as well as sales. At this time i have a beautiful home at 902 Emory for sale in Chapel Hill. I would be glad to send you available rentals in area convenient to UNC and meet with you when you arrive.
Deborah Millet
Coldwell Banker on 919-491-2826
We do not have anything available right now for July 1. Please visit our website http://www.teamjodi.com to view available rentals in the area. You may also sign up there for our free rental search.

Bill Matthes
Team Jodi Property Management Group
It is not too soon to start looking.
I will be happy to help you. Nora.Sienra@allentate.com