Rentals in Alexandria>Question Details

Adam Stafford, Renter in Alexandria, VA

Looking for at least 2 Bed townhouse/condo to rent for move in in the next 2-6 weeks.

Asked by Adam Stafford, Alexandria, VA Sat Sep 1, 2012

My wife and I (with two dogs <20 lbs, 5 years old) are looking for a townhouse or condo to rent in old town alexandria, arlington, eastern market, chinatown or adams morgan for move in sometime in the next 2-6 weeks. I am a Sr Product Manager for a consulting company in the district. Max rent $3000, credit 683 (as of today, Sept 1 2012), good references. Not willing to pay pet rent or fees - we take care of where we live like we own it. Happy to provide proof; I am also a landlord in other parts of the country. No furnished spaces. Must be close to transit - I don't want to keep 2 cars in the city. Please contact me if you have a place to rent.

Thank you!
Adam

Answers

7
Hi Adam,

We have several discounted rentals in those locations and would love to help. Can you please contact one of our free locators?

http://www.RentalsGoneWild.com
Sony Kim
Associate Broker
Keller Williams
6820 Elm St.
McLean, VA 22101
703 244 3997
sony_kim@msn.com

Please send me your email and I will send you links.
Hi Adam

It really depends on where you want to be, all of the above mentioned neighborhoods have rentals on the market right now. Here is a link to what is available in the Old Town area right now: http://matrixreports3.mris.com/MatrixReportServer/Output/112…

I would not wait long, esp if you see a place that is of interest. The rental market in the DC area is very tight, meaning, often there is not as many units on the market as there is demand, esp in popular areas or ones near a metro.

I would be happy to email you other places currently on the market.

Melissa
mbarkalow@comcast.net
202.285.9479
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Send me your email and I will send you some listings. Pet fee is a deposit and not monthly. You can also email me at sginwright@weichert.com. Nwould be pleased to work with you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Shirley, Maridol,

Thanks for your responses! Just to clarify: an additional pet deposit is perfectly reasonable, but I am not inclined to pay the one time fee of ~$500 and the monthly pet "rent" that many larger apartment buildings like to charge.

Thanks again! Please let me know if you have any properties available.

Adam
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
You might want to try Craigslist if you don't want to pay a pet deposit. Landlords require a deposit based upon the type and size of the pets.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Mr. Stafford,

I could set you up to receive automated rental listings as they come up on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), and show you rentals in Old Town and/or Arlington (5 max). Be aware that in the DC Metro area Realtor represented landlords are going to always require a pet deposit, and that a majority of landlord does not even accept pets. This deposit is usually reimbursable so if your “Fidos” don’t cause any damage to the property you will get you money back.

Maridol Garcia-Joy, Realtor, ABR, CAS, ASP
Long & Foster Realtors
Alexandria /Kingstowne Center
5911 Kingstowne Village Pkwy Ste 100
Alexandria VA 22315
Cell 703-655-0777
Office703-822-8327
Fax 703-2363510
maridol@LNF.com
http://www.maridolgarciajoy.LnFre.com
I LOVE REFERRALS!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012