Rentals in Rego Park>Question Details

Adam Birke, Renter in Forest Hills, NY

Looking for an two or three bedroom no-fee small dog friendly apartment (or house to rent) with no one under the living room.

Asked by Adam Birke, Forest Hills, NY Fri Apr 12, 2013

Looking for a two or three bedroom apartment (or house to rent) with no one under the living room. Can be a ground floor, a second floor with nothing under it, or a duplex in Forest Hills, Rego Park, Astoria, Jackson Heights, or Long Island City. It must be small dog friendly, have no fee, and be preferably under 2,800. Does anyone have anything?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3109384008-10011-67th-Rd-Forest…

Answers

5
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
I have multiple listings available that matches your needs. Call me at 646-8532876. Thanks. - Kenny Ruan
E mail me at Nita195@att.net, I have exactly what you are requesting.
Thanks Nita,
You have mentioned about the listing posted by a broker , so obviously there are fees involved. Trulia or MLS might not be a big help if you're looking for a "no fee" unit only , you might just stick with craigslist in "by owner section"
Check http://www.mlsli.com or consider working with an agent; or check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money, word of mouth, etc.