Rentals in Clinton>Question Details

Lara Bonavia, Renter in New York, NY

Looking for an apartment in Midtown NY, possibly furnished, 1 bedroom/1 bathroom.

Asked by Lara Bonavia, New York, NY Thu Aug 25, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Clinton

Answers

8
Melody’s answer
hi there.. just wondering if you already found an apartment.. I'm female, 27 yrs old, and looking for an apartment myself.. maybe we can go apartment hunt together? pls let me know if this is something that interests you and maybe we can talk further.. thanks
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 16, 2012
HI Lara,

Are you still looking for an apartment? Or are you ready to move already? I specialize in Midtown West/Hell's Kitchen/Clinton area and could definitely be of assistance. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions.

Alex

Alex Aberle
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Citi Habitats
114 Perry Street
New York, NY 10014

C. 917.691.9093
O. 212.400.2500
E. aaberle@citihabitats.com
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Laura, there are many wonderful real estate salespeople in New York. Ask a friend or family member for a referral to a specific brokerage - if they've had a positive experience with the agent, you will likley have one as well.
Shelley Lindauer
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Keller Williams Realy NYC
slindauer@kwnyc.om
I have some really nice apartments in midtown. My name is Marinel and I can be reached at 212-714-1027 ext 15. I would be happy to assist you. Thank you and good luck.
Hi Lara, I'm a RE agent in NYC, I live in Midtown and I can help you find the right place for you. I would like to know in more detail what you need, in order to understand your needs. When are you planning to move in? Are you looking for a 1 year lease? What's your price point?
I would appreciate if you can contact me at lthierer@homestateproperties.com or by phone at 212-693-9000 to further assist you!

Laura Thierer
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
102 Fulton Street
New York, NY 10038
W: 212-693-9000
M: 914-426-0075
lthierer@homestateproperties.com
I suggest you find an agent to work with. Keep in mind that most apartments in NY are listed with agents and you, the tenant, will pay the commission. From my own personal experience in finding an apartment for a family member on the UES, this is the only way to go. Also, shop around and do not take the first agent you meet. Last, check out the number of complaints against the landlord with the city, as not all management companies are reputable in the City.

Jack Gillis, M.B.A., J.D. │ Realtor®
Jack Gillis Realty Advisors
United Real Estate, Broker
5430 LBJ Freeway | Suite 280
Dallas, TX 75240
Cell: 214.718.4910
Email: Jack@JackGillisRealty.com
Consider working with an agent of your own; also check local print media for by owner rentals (always verify ownership before exchanging any money), word of mouth, etc.