Rentals in Santa Barbara>Question Details

Kendall Wood…, Renter in Santa Barbara, CA

Looking for an apartment/house for rent with 2bed 1 bath, and in walking distance of SBCC. Ready to move in July 2013. Max price $1400 per month.

Asked by Kendall Woodard, Santa Barbara, CA Mon Jan 28, 2013

kendallsue@cox.net for more info

Answers

2
Kendall,

Based on your post date...you may still be researching the 'rental'.

If so, it sounds like you are a student...correct? Have you considered finding a roommate? Also consider posting on Craigslist in the rental section..'WANTED'. In advance, many landlords are pre shopping for correct rent values and you just may be seen.

Also consider the school calendar...you typically get the available rentals when the school calendar is slow...making more availability. Consider: Move in sooner and get a local part-time job.

Hi Kendall - It's great that you're starting to look for a rental now with a move-in date of 7/2013. You would probably have luck with Property Management Companies in town. Most would have a list available to you of rentals in your price range. Also, the good ole' Craigslist, is a great way to see what's available and where the market is currently. I think for walking distance to SBCC, 2 bdrm/1 bath for $1400...might be a little difficult to find. I have a rental that is a 2 bdrm/1.5 bath townhome near the mesa, driving distance to SBCC (or biking) that I currently have rented out for $1750/mo and that's a good deal. My tenant has been there a long time and haven't raised her rent. Good Luck and hope you find something that works for you.