Rentals in Clinton>Question Details

Dimitra, Renter in New York, NY

Looking for an apartment as close to NYU as possible,from September 2012 to June 2013.I want it to cost $800 maximum. :)

Asked by Dimitra, New York, NY Tue Jul 3, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Clinton

Answers

11
Hi Dimitra. Your budget will not be enough as the NYU area is prime New York real estate. As other have indicated, you might (maybe) be able to find a room with shared hallway bath but that may also be a challenge. The other challenge is your stated 9 month tenancy which will diminish any meager options you might find. The outer boroughs and a share situation may be a better option. Lastly for now, you are too far ahead of the rental curve. You should re-visit this as soon as August comes around and be more flexible on the length of tenancy. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 3, 2012
Hi Dimitra,

I hope your move to NY was successful. How are you finding city life? When you are ready to move again, I would love to lend my expertise. Please feel free to reach out to me when the time comes. I am very familiar with the NYU area as a former student there myself!

Alex

Alex Aberle
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Citi Habitats
114 Perry Street
New York, NY 10014

C. 917.691.9093
O. 212.400.2500
E. aaberle@citihabitats.com
Will be tough at the price point. You may want to consider a share, though even that will be a challenge to find in Manhattan. I would suggest looking into Newport Pavonia. Its a short ride away on the PATH train - I believe it takes you to 9th St / 6th Avenue. I am not licensed in NJ so not too sure of what apartments / shares are currently going for. Good luck with your search.
$800 will get you a room. I have some nice apartments in Queens if you are interested. My name is Marinel and I can be reached at 212-714-1027 ext 15. Thank you and good luck.
Thank u for ur answers.I have been looking at apartments on the internet,def considering subleting,which will prob be tha deal.I am moving to NY from Greece this fall,so I obviously lack of knowledge in those matters.U have all been really helpful tho.Thank u! :)
I hope you realize by now this is pretty much impossible. I don't think you can even get a room for that much anywhere in Manhattan right now.

I know musicians who are spending about that for a very tiny room, an alcove, a nook in a house, etc., in Brooklyn.

My advice is to study Craigslist.com, and also to ride the train to Brooklyn and to New Jersey, get off, and look for postings for rooms on lamp posts and in small grocery stores. Do watch out for scams on Craigslist!

Karla Harby
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty
New York, NY
212-688-1000x146
kharby@crrnyc.com
Brooklyn would be far more likely to find a roommate situation for this price, but even that is becoming a challenge. I blogged about it recently: http://nycapartmentagent.com/2012/05/01/brooklyns-allure-the…

Bruno

--
Bruno J. Navarro
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
BOND New York Properties, LLC
1776 Broadway, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10019
347.725.0944 mobile
212.804.8948 direct
270.675.9195 fax
bnavarro@bondnewyork.com
http://NYCApartmentAgent.com
$800 will get you a room in NYC-
It is a challenge to live in the NYU area for $800. per month. Try the East Village and perhaps you can find a small studio there.
That will just be a room, I agree with Raoul find a roommate.
I would strongly suggest you to find a roommate or head to Brooklyn.