Rentals in New York>Question Details

Michael Garc…, Renter in Paterson, NJ

Looking for a studio or one bedroom near Murray Hill, or anywhere on the East or West side of Manhattan. Budget is $650-$750.

Asked by Michael Garcia, Paterson, NJ Tue Feb 12, 2013

Email: Garcia804VA@GMail.com

Answers

9
Jared Paletti’s answer
If your determined to stay in NYC, your best option is to find a person looking to rent out a room. While you may need to up your budget a little to find one in Manhattan, $800-$1000 for a room is not out of the realm of possibilities. While Brooklyn is an option, I think a better one is Weehawken/Union City, NJ. It's 15-20 minutes into Port Authority and you might even be able to get something on your own.
If you add 1 thousand bucks to budget then you can afford this city.
Thank you Jacques, will look into it.
As everyone indicated, it's not even a long shot, it's a fantasy. I would look for more affordable locations some parts of Brooklyn, or Queens might work better for you
Well, I figured it would be a longshot, but I'm seeing listings on here for $100 to $200 monthly unless these are scams? I'm interested in the Brooklyn area too. I don't know if that's any cheaper but hey all the help I can get would be great. Email again is Garcia804VA@GMail.com
Hi Michael,

As everyone has stated that is simply far too low for anywhere in Manhattan. Have you considered Hoboken? They may be able to provide you with the housing you can afford.

Here in the city you need to make 40x the monthly rent or have a guarantor that makes 80x the monthly rent. You will need to be employed for at least a year with the same employer and provide pay stubs backing that up. It is a difficult process.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Annette

Annette Holmgren
Bond New York LLC
aholmgren@bondnewyork.com
917-595-4643 D
Impossible, as everyone else has stated your budget is just way too low. A deal in Murray Hill for a studio maybe anywhere from 1700-2000
sorry---will have to greatly increase your budget best,steve salmon
Sorry, but the lowest you can find in Manhattan(Inwood, Washington Heights, Harlem) is around $1250 for studio. Income requirement is 40X the rent.