Rentals in 08755>Question Details

Cavine, Home Buyer in Bel Air, MD

Looking for a 1 story rental. W Monmouth, N Ocean or Burlington Co. Must have walk in shower. 70 yr old widow with declawed indoor cat. Under $1200

Asked by Cavine, Bel Air, MD Sun Jun 30, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 08755

Answers

4
Good morning Cavine,

I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business; you don’t sit at a table in a restaurant to read the menu without actually buying food at some point. It’s the same concept: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. Prepare yourself with three fundamentals: amenities, location, and price.

Know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND an AGENT” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment.

TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Crestwood Village in Whiting would be ideal. Age restricted and convenient for elderly. Allows pets.
Are the Crestwoods' and Whiting Station all electric? I'd rather have natural gas. Do you know anything about Cedar Glen Lakes? At least I think that's the name of it. On 539 right near 70. I see attached homes as well as single family homes. Thanki you Mary, for your response.
Flag Thu Aug 15, 2013
Cavine,

If you let me know a little more about your requirements, I am sure I can find exactly what you are looking for in West Monmouth or North Ocean counties

Alex
I'm 70 yrs old and am looking at bilateral knee replacement in a year or 2. I'd like to be within 40 minutes of Freehold. I love the New Egypt/Cookstown area and the Northern Ocean county area, ie: Manchester, Lakehurst, but preferably not the area around Mule Rd ( Toms River or Berkeley ).....off 37 around Bimini would be ok. I'd like a 2 bedroom/2 bath home, with a walk in shower. A deck or patio would be nice. Gas heat and cooking would be preferable, but I know that most communities are all electric. A porch and/ or patio would be lovely. I do have 1 indoor cat who is front declawed. I'm a clean person who takes pride in my home and would treat the home as if it were my own. I'd like a landlord who is willing to make repairs as needed without a lot of drama. In the 3 years I've been renting, I've never been late with a payment. I consider myself a good tenant, looking for 1 special home and landlord.
Flag Mon Jul 1, 2013
Hi There Cavine, I can help you with sending you some listings in the West Monmouth and N Ocean areas for some rentals. Please send me your email address and I will get that right over to you. My mobile number is 718-344-7862 or visit my website at baskinahome.com to sign up for listings.
Thank You,
Angela Baskin