Rentals in Joliet>Question Details

a.lomax31, Renter in Joliet, IL

Looking for a property in the Joliet IL area. Having trouble. Preferably 3-4 bedroom 1 1/2 bath to 2 bathrooms. Anyone out there to help?

Asked by a.lomax31, Joliet, IL Tue Sep 18, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Joliet

Answers

9
Where about in Joliet? I have a three bedroom, two bath, with heated above ground pool and fully fenced backyard for sale. Although it has a Joliet mailing address it has District 122 schools which are blue ribbon!! My home is in move in condition and located near I-355, I-80, and New Lenox train station. Also within walking distance to Hadley Nature Preserve which is where I love to walk and run with my family. Asking $200,000
Good morning a.lomax31,

I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business; you don’t sit at a table in a restaurant to read the menu without actually buying food at some point. It’s the same concept: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. Prepare yourself with three fundamentals: amenities, location, and price.

Know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND an AGENT” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment.

TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
where r u looking to rent and how many people in family?
Hey, there's some 3 bedroom stuff out there! Give me a call @ 815-735-0902. Andy Domas
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/apa/3308760549.html

This may not be what you're looking for, but if interested, you can contact me through email

mike@kalerealty.com
I own a home in Shorewood that has 3 bedrooms 2.5 baths and a finished baement. It was just freshly painted and ready to be shown. I am also a Real Estate Broker with Hoff Realty. I can be reached at 630-669-5040 for more info.

Rick Lewandowski
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
There is a great inventory of what you are searching for in the Joliet area. We would need to know what price range you are interested in and how you plan to finance/purchase the property. If financing is needed, the first step is to get a preapproval from a lender. After getting your pre-approval, contact me and I will assist you with finding the right property that meets your needs. Call me at 815-325-2218 or email at pstanfel@sbcglobal.net
a.lomax31: I am a Lender with 35 years of experience in the Joliet/Will County area. I can assist you in a variety of ways. I can refer you to the Joliet/Will area's best agents ... that can be of great assistance to you in finding the property you seek. Should you be hoping to buy now, or in the future, I can also help you with establishing the best credit possible, and guiding you towards and through purchasing a home and obtaining mortgage financing. There should be properties on the market within the Joliet area that have the features you are looking for, but to find the best option it's best to work with a real estate professional.
If I can be of assistance in any way ... or should you like to talk over your options, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you! I couldn't put everything on the question section, however, I am only looking to rent, currently a homeowner, attending school in the area, so commuting back and forth, so looking for an apartment for myself and friend for just a year, just to get established in community. Thanks
Flag Wed Sep 19, 2012
It's doable, depending on what you price range really is. What you need to do is get connected with a very experienced Realtor who can get you pre-approved, which is absolutely the first step, because you need to know what your "comfort zone" is, before you go shopping. Once pre-approval is established, then you truly need a Realtor who is looking out for YOUR best interests (which, BTW, is State law).

Follow this order, and you may well be a home owner before you know it!!
Give me a call on 815-735-0902 when you get the chance.
Flag Wed Sep 19, 2012
Thank you!
Flag Wed Sep 19, 2012