Rentals in Montclair>Question Details

Jacqueline S…, Renter in Little Falls, NJ

Looking for a nice one bedroom that will let me have a med size dog (45 lbs)...I am having a really difficult time with this

Asked by Jacqueline Smith, Little Falls, NJ Thu Jul 12, 2012

Montclair, cedar grove, verona, nutley etc

Check out the carriage house one bedroom apartment in Glen Ridge just posted.
Focus on properties that are receptive to your pet. The rental market is moving quickly, and I am trying to help a number of renters with pets. If the landlord is not keen on pets and a competing offer comes in without one, you'll likely get has happened to us a number of times. Focus on those are pet friendly -- otherwise you are trying to swim upstream. As far as the most desireable rentals go... far more demand than supply, limiting your leverage.

Good luck to you!
Jeanne Feenick
Uwavering Commitment to Service, Surpassed Results
I have Montclair, Verona, Cedar Grove and NUtley. or
Standard disclosure is: all listed rentals hava a commission fee, split between 2 brokers and 2 agents, then the security deposit of 1 or 1.5 months rent, then the first month in advance. A pet deposit may be requested.
Some rentals have the fee paid by landlord, rarely. And the rent may include some utilities, although usually not.

Looks like you may already have things going with several agents. Best to work with one as only that one will get paid.
Weichert, Realtors
Upper Montclair 973 632 8593
Having lived in both Essex and Morris counties:
If you don't mind the commute from Essex county the towns you mentioned will give you a 45 - 60 minute commute. There are several towns in Morris County that you may want to consider if that commute is too much for you. You can consider, Morristown, Boonton, Parsippany/Troy Hills or Denville all in Morris county and most towns have a large number of apartment complex. I think your biggest challange is finding an apartment that will allow a large dog.

Good Luck
If you're going to teach in Mendham, you might want to expand your search into Morris County, too.

Just a thought, as your 45 lb dog will, unfortunately, limit your options.

I can email you current rental listings..

You might also look into strictly rental complexes, that have their own on site supers or rental agents.

As real estate agents, we usually deal with owned properties that the owners are willing to rent out for whatever reason .
If a property is listed with an agent, you will most likely have to pay the commission (not always, but most of the time) equal to 1 month rent, plus 1 1/2 month security and the first month rent upfront.

In a rental complex, there usually is no commission............big savings for you.

In W. Orange, check out Crest Ridge - it should be in your price range, but I am not sure about their pet policy.
There is also a large complex - West Mill Gardens (it is "pet friendly") at 115 Old Short Hills Rd, in W. Orange, across from St Barnabas Hospital on the Livingston border..
Check it out!

Best wishes.........
Mid August....about $1300 is heat/water is included. I teach in Mendham so I am looking to cut down my commute:)
Hi jacqueline, what is your budget and how soon are you looking to move?
Feel free to contact me directly.

Laquita Baez
Weichert Realtors