Rentals in Overland Park>Question Details

Baraq Wani, Home Buyer in Kensington, Buffalo,...

Looking for a long term rental, (3-4 years). Prefer newer home/Townhome, within 20 mins of KUMC, At least 3 BR/3 Ba

Asked by Baraq Wani, Kensington, Buffalo, NY Thu May 9, 2013

We are relocating to the Kansas City area at the end of June. My husband is a doctor and starting his fellowship at KUMC. We want to live in a good, safe area, we have a 4 year old who will start Pre-K this year. I will only consider townhomes that are newer and safe and where you cannot hear the neighbors through the walls!! We prefer a house, but it needs to be affordable. What are the best townhome communities for rent. Or if anyone knows of any homes for rent, please let me know. We like finished basements/walkout type properties. Thanks for any advice!

Answers

1
Anthony West’s answer
Baraq,

One of my Specialties is relocation real estate.

For what you are considering, I would recommend the Westport area and parts of Waldo. There are many great shops, restaurants, and grocery stores! Not to mention both neighborhoods are not too far from the Power and Light District (which features concerts at the Sprint Center often), and the Kansas City Plaza (where there are tons of well known clothing stores and restaurants as well!) I would say that these neighborhoods can be Kid Friendly but again, you would get a better sense after visiting the areas. Also there are some townhomes that are on the newer side as well as updated homes that have great character if your interested in looking!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 25, 2013