Rentals in Springfield>Question Details

Angela Riano, Renter in Springfield, VA

Looking for a house/town home 1700-1900 , or rent to own

Asked by Angela Riano, Springfield, VA Fri May 3, 2013

Ready to move in June 1

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/rental/3116865920-8462-Lazy-Creek-Ct-Springf… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/rental/3116865920-8462-Lazy-Creek-Ct-S…

Answers

2
Hi, Angela.

Not many owner-landlords are familiar with rent-to-own. It's not something that is done very often in this marketplace. It may be because most are not familiar with how the terms of a rent-to-own contract can be written and depending on the price range, most homes are selling fairly fast in our current marketplace.

How would you want to do this? Rent with an option to buy or an actual lease purchase contract? Would you want some of the monthly rent that you're paying go toward your future closing costs? Do you want the owner to continue making repairs or would you take on that responsibility during the lease period?

There are a lot of things that need to be considered and, as you can see, I am somewhat familiar with this method of home ownership.

My contact information follows. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your plans, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Deniece Mayberry
Associate Broker/VA Licensee
RE/MAX Executives (Springfield, VA)
(703) 451-0677
dmayberry@finevahomes.com
Hello, Angela. I'm out a good part of today (Sat. 5/4), but am available tomorrow afternoon (around 2) or Monday evening to meet with you and discuss what you'd like to do. Please click on "Contact" under my picture and fill in the blanks by providing your contact information and I'll give you a call so we coordinate a day and time. I'm looking forward to meeting you.
Flag Sat May 4, 2013
Hi Deniece, i think for me it would work better to rent with an option to buy, I did a short sale in my house a few years ago and I got a judgment on my credit report , my score is not as good as requested for most home owners...but I am back on track again...I would love to be able to get something with the possibility to buy in a near future. I hope you can help me...I am running out of time since I do not want to extend my lease. Please let me know when we could get together and discuss.
Flag Sat May 4, 2013
Angela,
I would be more than happy to assist you. Please call me directly on my cell at 703-307-3449 so we can discuss your options. I also recommend visiting my website at http://www.JohnGintySells.com to set up a free listings alert. I look forward to hearing from you.

John Ginty
Keller Williams Capital Properties
10300 Eaton Place, Suite 120
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-307-3449
johnginty@kw.com